Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i finally got to hit the range with my new sr22 that i got it in may. i have been sooo busy lately. took a box of federal blue box bulk, some cci stingers, cci mini mag, and the sr22.

well..........................after half the federal blue box, and 100 rounds of stingers, and 100 rounds of mini mag..............id say at least 400 rounds....

................ONLY 1 FTE and ZERO FTF!! I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUN!!

and you all were right those stingers are sweeeet!!

im definatley a proud happy sr22 owner!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree with you, the SR22 is a great little gun, have had mine a little over a month and have put 1605 rds thru it with no malfunctions. fired CCi Blazers, Winchester 555 bulk and federal 550 bulk....SO SWEET...

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
so today i finally got to hit the range with my new sr22 that i got it in may. i have been sooo busy lately. took a box of federal blue box bulk, some cci stingers, cci mini mag, and the sr22.

well..........................after half the federal blue box, and 100 rounds of stingers, and 100 rounds of mini mag..............id say at least 400 rounds....

................ONLY 1 FTE and ZERO FTF!! I LOVE THIS LITTLE GUN!!

and you all were right those stingers are sweeeet!!

im definatley a proud happy sr22 owner!
Glad you enjoy your new .22

·
Registered
160 Posts
glad to hear that you like your new purchase...I have only had mine a couple months (1080 rds through it so far), but the low price of .22 lr ammo and the ability of the SR22P to shoot whatever you put in it makes it super easy and fun to go to the range.....I have been able to go so much lately that I believe it helped me on a range qual I had to do today (max points across the board)...the qual was with a Glock 9mm, but being able to practice sight alignment, trigger pull, and follow through with the SR22 has helped me translate those skills to all of the other guns that I use......it has done exactly what I purchased it for and is super fun!!!...I know that you will have many, many fun range days ahead of you....

·
Registered
597 Posts
700 rounds later and only had a couple FTEs due to bad ammo. I am having fun with this gun. Cheap ammo and just plain fun plinking.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Got mine in August and still have not shot it. Any day now my membership card and key should be arriving for the club I just joined. Once that day comes it will be raining spent 22 casings!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got my SR22P 2 weeks ago and now have 420 rounds through it. CCI Mini mags, CCI Blazer, Winchester Super X, Federal Bulk and Federal Premium HV Match. It seems to shoot anything I feed it. I have about 30 rounds of CCI Stingers I'm going to try next.
It will go with me on every range trip.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Got my SR22P 2 weeks ago and now have 420 rounds through it. CCI Mini mags, CCI Blazer, Winchester Super X, Federal Bulk and Federal Premium HV Match. It seems to shoot anything I feed it. I have about 30 rounds of CCI Stingers I'm going to try next.
It will go with me on every range trip.
The Stingers are going to be a little different from what you've be shoting. You'll see. Get someone else to fire a couple of rounds while you watch from the side. You'll see what I mean. Enjoy they're great guns. IMO the best of it's type out there hands down. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Stingers are going to be a little different from what you've be shoting. You'll see. Get someone else to fire a couple of rounds while you watch from the side. You'll see what I mean. Enjoy they're great guns. IMO the best of it's type out there hands down. :D
Great idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've had mine for six months now and I truly love it. It does really well with Remington GB's and CCI's Mini Mags. It has also accounted for two groundhogs and one racoon. I have put over 1000 rounds through it and I use an o-ring for a buffer. It may not be a target pistol but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Especially in somewhat low light conditions......:D :D :D :eek:

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! Every new gun is a blast and should be enjoyed thoroughly!!!

A friend of mine bought one this past April...and absolutely LOVES her little .22! This past summer, during the incredible heat wave we all suffered through in the midwest, she even carried it some days when her Kimber Ultra Carry II felt too just to hot & heavy to carry in the heat!

I find it to be very accurate and fun to shoot! While I don't know that I'd carry it as a primary...I wouldn't be against carrying it as a BUG either!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I've had mine for six months now and I truly love it. It does really well with Remington GB's and CCI's Mini Mags. It has also accounted for two groundhogs and one racoon. I have put over 1000 rounds through it and I use an o-ring for a buffer. It may not be a target pistol but it gets the job done.
ah another o ring user. the SR22 version of kidd's 10/22 bolt buffer. You can really feel the difference when you rack the slide by hand. works for me.

·
Registered
597 Posts
After 500 rounds of O-ring usage. The ring is pretty much flat and every so often when reloading a new mag I have to bump the slide forward by hand because of the o-ring but afterwards it fires without issue going the whole mag without FTFs or FTEs.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Just purchased one can't wait to take it to the range.
I have had mine since July. A lot of fun to shoot.

Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Tiberruger If I remember correctly you used a 5/16" o ring . If I'm right try a 3/8" x1/4" id x 1/16" thick one. Thats what I'm using. I've run about 1000 rds thru mine with no problems and very little wear on the o ring.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts