Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an orange plastic Walmart "gong" that I've shot some with my SR22 and thought I'd paint it black so I could see where my shots were going with my new LC9s. I only shot one mag of 7 rounds, slow deliberate fire and this was the result at 16 yards shooting cheap Perfecta 115 grain FMJ from Walmart!

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The tip of my thumb is where I was holding so it looks like I need a slight sight adjustment. There is less than a box of ammo through this gun so it looks to be a keeper!

·
Registered
767 Posts
The tip of my thumb is where I was holding so it looks like I need a slight sight adjustment. There is less than a box of ammo through this gun so it looks to be a keeper!
I have the SR22 and a Walther P22 and after some sight tweaking, both are tight at 15 yards...about the limit!

·
Registered
268 Posts
The 9s almost borders on being a target pistol! I once hit my 10" saw blade gong 7 out of 10 offhand from about 40 paces. Made me feel like Hickock45.

- Jay

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's the trigger and it's feel that helps it's accuracy. This is a new gun to me and while shooting it the other day I started getting jumpy and had to settle down and tell myself to settle in a squeeze the trigger travel out of the shot. Now I'm not saying that is why the two shots went out of that group but I did also have to reposition my hold while shooting. I'm Very happy with what looks to be a promising companion on camping trips and traveling this summer. I was thinking about getting the wife an LCP but now I'm thinking the LC9s wouldn't be that much larger. She likes shooting also and I doubt she would want to shoot the LCP as much. There might soon be another LC9s in the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts