Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
With pachmyers to boot---you did extremely well in my opinion.........

·
Registered
540 Posts
5-1/2" bull barrel, target sights, no extra safety doo-dads, minute of mouse nads accuracy, for under two bills? What's not to like?

·
Registered
947 Posts
You got an excellent deal! Finish looks good, aftermarket grips, and it shoots well too. I'd be be very happy with that one.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Good deal - YOU BET!. Like said before, old style with no stupid lock and a target sighted Mark, I'd buy it for that. Looks like it shoots good too!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Absolutely and it shoots too....
can't ask for more.:)

Nice gun and a very nice 'group'..............

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the "A-okay's" on my MKII deal. I bought it with the sole purpose of putting a red dot scope on it but now I'm not so sure I still want to do that. I'm very pleased with its performance as it is. It's definitely a keeper.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very good deal I think. I really love it when you can get a deal on a gun like that and you find out that it hasn't been shot much so you almost get one that's NIB. That happened with me and a Taurus .357 I now own. :D You just have to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I've been keeping an eye on this piece for couple of months and expected it to be long gone when I stopped there on monday. But since it was still in the case I figured I didn't have anything to loose by making an offer. He had $238 on it and said he would take 2 bills for it. I said $180 and he took it. I bought several musical instruments from him before, maybe that helped. I thought if anything I could use it as a trade-in on a .45.....that was until I took to the range!

My lucky day indeed I guess.

He also had a stainless AMT Lighting with a scope for $399. I haven't seen one of those in a while. But for some reason it didn't last long. Imagine that!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll give you $181 for it right now. [:p]

Seriously, any MKII not all banged up for less than $200 is a great find. I've had them in both stainless and blue, and will need to get another one of these days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a MkII identical to that, when I sold it about 14 years ago I sold it for more than that, I would say you got a great deal.

Now-a-days I have a stainless MkIII Target model with the 5 1/2" Bull Barrel, tough for me to see much difference between the MkII I had & the new MkIII other than the obvious Blued vs Stainless finish.
--Ken

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey tweek. Just how small is that accuracy you mentioned in your post;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
The pics are gone(for me at least). But, as long as there is no damage to the barrel or the action, a Ruger is always good to go.
I bought a Single Six at a police auction a couple years ago. It looked like it had been at the bottom of a lake. But it locked up tight, so I took a chance on it. It still shot like a new gun. That was one of the guns that made me a big Ruger fan.

BTW, I know this is an old post, but it brought back memories of that old gun, so I posted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wish I found it first , Congratulations. With the price of ammo now you can't beat a MKII. I had mine for almost 25 years now , still shoots great and still my favorite.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I think you stole that gun for that price. I haven't seen s decent gun around here wor under two bills in a long time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good deal! I had one like that years ago, and foolishly sold it. I've been looking for one lately. I've purchased two others while looking for that one;), but I'm still looking!:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts