Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out to the range today with two old pieces. My Ruger Mk1 with muzle brake and Herrett grips. Still does everything so well. (Ok, except field strip after) A joy to shoot and always gets some attention.
The second was a High Standard that didn't work when I bought it, but after some TLC, new springs and firing pin she is a beauty. Tack driver today.

Not pictured I also had a Walther PPK in 380 and a bone stock Glock 19, so the full gammit was covered today! Good time. But man oh man there's nothing to improve on that old Mk1.

IMG_5346.jpg

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Always glad to hear about successful range trip and some real classics that performed like they should.

Reactions: Brassmonkey

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got out to the range today with two old pieces. My Ruger Mk1 with muzle brake and Herrett grips. Still does everything so well. (Ok, except field strip after)
Just think, some MkIV owners may never know the joy of using a rubber mallet to beat a Mk I - III apart & back together again! Everyone should learn how to do it, even if you don't own one. I look at it like learning to drive a stick: Never know when you might need the skill.

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,159 Posts
Every time I look at my nylon hammer I think about the MkII I bought it for. There was something satisfying about delivering a precise blow to seat/ unseat the action from the grip frame. Of course I get the same feeling after stripping and reassembling my M1 Garand too. No hammer required for that one though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every time I look at my nylon hammer I think about the MkII I bought it for. There was something satisfying about delivering a precise blow to seat/ unseat the action from the grip frame. Of course I get the same feeling after stripping and reassembling my M1 Garand too. No hammer required for that one though.
Now that you mention it, there is a sort of catharsis that comes with whacking an older Mk! Like payback for all the times I had to re-read the instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts