Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this browsing a pa-&-ma gun shop. $6.95/box.

Was going to pick up a few more boxes, but they went fast.

I'm thinking WWII?

I'm not going to fire it (although it'd probably be fine, perhaps a bit corrosive). Bought it 'just because'.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Shot manyamanyamanya box of that GI .45---bought them for $5 a box...the date on the head should be traceable to determine if they are corrosive or non-corrosive...those were the days!!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sheepdawg's correct on the headstamp. The EC shows it is from one of these plants, the 42 is the year produced:
Eau Claire Ordnance Plant, Eau Claire, WI - Operated by US Rubber Co using EC headstamp in August and September 1942 covering .30 carbine and .45 ACP cartridges
Evansville Ordnance Plant (Chrysler), Evansville, OH - Operated by Chrysler Corporation from June 1942 to April 1944 producing .30 carbine and .45 ACP cartridgess

I have some that spans from the 40's through the 70's and they all shoot fine with no failures. Just make sure there is no corrosion or discoloration/ deterioration showing on the case or bullet.
In fact there are 500 rounds headstamped from the 70's that is in my bugout box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts