Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following up on Mod #1; every decent front sight deserves a decent rear, so my Dad and I added Millet rear sights to our Old Army's.

Some might question what this sight offers versus the stock Ruger model, and the basic answer is the WIDE and FLAT rear blade, which is the entire back of the sight. To us, this sight blade is more consistent in all lighting conditions; whereas the stock Ruger blade is inset into the sight body and you can sometimes pick up some glare off the sight itself.

One note... While we bought Millet sights intended for the Ruger Blackhawk series, if I remember right, we had to do some minor and careful * filing to fit these correctly. (* As my Dad would say, just go slow and check the fit often, as the metal-take-off tool works MUCH better than the put-back-on tool!)

More to come...

Old No7

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is the height of the rear sight you see in the photo the actual height as used? Why I ask is I have to dial in a lot of elevation on my OEM rear sights to get on target. So, I could stand to file the front down a tad I guess.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, the rear sight in the pix is as-used... I don't think I've had to adjust elevation (or windage) for years now!

Tight groups!

Old No7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts