Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have often wished for a re-intro of the SS fixed sight ROA with 5.5 in barrel. What I really would like to see is a totally new offering in that configuration except on the New Model Blackhawk/New Vaquero frame. Handier and lighter maybe even in .36 cal as an option.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I worry about the lawyers and transfer bar issue it will never happen.
Guess for now I'll just have to enjoy the ones I have.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
I would like a true hunters Old army cylinder window long enough to get 60 grains of powder under a conical 50 caliber bullet. 5 shot to save a bit of weight and a 10 inch barrel. Lastly a grip long enough for a true 2 hand hold.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You folk don't want much do you? I always thought that a re-introduction should be complete with a conversion cylinder in 45 LC. Sold separately of course, but when you get a new Old Army, you'd get a code for a discount on the cylinder and that way they don't have to register anything. Also just in offering their very own conversion cylinder, just think how many cylinders that they would sell? A bunch I tell you. If I were to do it again and had to option of a Ruger cylinder, I'd sure of opted for that one. Smithy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would like a pair of the 5.5" fixed sight SS model.

I had one in my hands at one time, but thought it was more $$ than my budget would stand.

Sigh,

HHH

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just wish the grip was the same length as my Blackhawk Hunter.
I guess I could order one from Ruger and add it myself.
They probably are not the same though because the Hunter has the transfer bar, huh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts