Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you still give milk jug a shake when you pick it up to pour a glass? My neighbor (he's about 35) brought some home made cookies over a while ago. I poured a couple of glasses of milk so we could enjoy them and he asked me why I shook the jug before I poured it.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
My Grandson ask me why I always go to the sink as soon as I dress every morning and splash coldwater in my face and wet and comb my hair. I told him My Dad did it before me and I've been doing it since I was a kid. Some habits stay with us. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Frist thing in our house when I was young was the smell of coffee brewing on the old wood stove. I fix our coffee pot up the night before. In the morning frist up hits the button. Shows you how times change. We still got the smell of fresh coffee in the morning.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup-Dad's Maxwell House was the first smell of the day-loved it even though I didn't drink it till I was 20----can still remember it.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Dad would get up about 4:00 and put on the coffee. It would perk until us kids got up around 6:00. Guess thats the reason I love to smell coffee brewing and like it very strong and black.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I can tell you lots of stories about the old days on account of I’m old.

I can tell you about not having a hot water heater.
I can tell you about only taking a bath on Saturday night.
I can tell you about the days before TV.
I can tell you about coal heat.

And we lived in town with all sorts of conveniences!

·
Registered
268 Posts
to this day I give my boots a shake before putting them on:).
just spent alot of time where things like to crawl in them;)
pete

·
Registered
421 Posts
Bunzo351: All the things you said plus some like taking a sponge bath in a wash tub Saturday night before the dance. How about the smell of kerosene when we switched from coal?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts