Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a pretty nice Om single six today with 2 mag cyl no lr cyl. And box. I'm sure this has been asked but did at any point did Ruger sell with 2 same cyl? I believe I can find a lr cyl and will the timing be ok on an om, I've heard different stories. Last what's the chances of both mag cyl working ok? Appreciate opinions

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had never heard of two mag cylinders either. Does either one have a number on the front matching the last 3 of the guns serial number? Check around on here but lately Ive seen 8 shot cylinders from Midway USA? that seem to drop right in with out the need to time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nope
And yes they will drop in with no timing problems. If the bolt comes up and locks the cylinder in place, there is NO WAY will it be out of time. Done this many times mixing OM into NM and vice versa. Too many experts out there using hearsay info.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright guys just what I want to know. Thanks. Still scratching my head wondering how two mag cyl in the box. An estate sale who knows. $285 otd is not bad if I could swap a mag for a lr cyl

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I think if you look at the cylinders they should have the last 3 digits of the gun's SN written on them in electric pencil.

I believe this was done to show that they were properly fitted and aligned to that gun's barrel/forcing cone.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
There was potentially another single six sold at that auction with two 22 LR cyls. That kind of stuff happens at auctions when people ignorant about firearms are in charge, like surviving relatives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts