Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Old Reloading Press KARMA--WINNER!!!!

Crestliner's thread on the old Herter's press got me to looking in my piles of junk for an old press I have laying around. It's a Lyman All-American Turret Press, god only knows when it was made. I was thinking of refurbishing it but never got around to it. So I am offering it up to anyone who wants it, free if you'll pay for the shipping. It weighs about 20 pounds, and comes with the TWO powder measures shown. It has some rust but overall in not bad condition. The ram moves freely and I don't think it would take much to get it back in working shape. If anyone is interested, post a reply by next Sunday, 5-25. If there is interest, more than one reply, I'll draw a name from the hat. Here is what she looks like. Ask any questions and I'll answer if I can. Not recommended for the beginner reloader as his primary press.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What a beaut! Is that a shotshell press or is it for pistol/rifle ammo? Any shell holders for it? How about any dies? Thanks for the info and for sharing your pictures. :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
the stories that press could tell.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
JB - this is a single stage press, not a progressive. It just holds all the die in the turret at one time. You still do all of one stage with the cases then go to the next. It works great if you want to set one press up in one caliber that you load a lot, then you aren't having to set then up each time.

Crestliner- It's a cartridge press, what you see is what I have. It looks like any standard thread die will fit the turret.

EDIT - well I may not have been entirely correct about this being a single stage. It can be used to completely load one cartridge all the way through the process by turning the turret or as a single stage, processing cartridges all a step at a time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am trying to round up.enough reloading equipment for a friend to get started loading and would love to put my name in the hat but i will be gone for a month. if this is not a problem.
if it is just leave me out.

thank you very much
booneh

·
Registered
362 Posts
Jimbo, that is a great idea for a Karma giveaway. That is a good looking old press, very similar to my Lyman T-mag press. Somebody is going to get a great, sevicable old press. I wish you all good luck.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just so's every knows, This will need to be "refurbished" to be servicable. I like working on stuff like this, just don't have the time lately. I don't want anybody to cough up shipping and not get what they expected. What's in the picture is what you get! I will put everyone's name in the hat that has requested, including booneh :)

Read some info here:
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-108680.html

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Jimbo1096

I got but one caliber I shoot a lot of ..... and that is the 45-70. Even there are a few others like the .444 Marlin and the ol 30-30, I shoot 45-70 as the all time favorite load.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wow, it must be fate that made register on this board tonight! I've just been thinking that I have to get into reloading .357 for my SP101 & my GP100. Please throw my name in the hat, or my hat in the ring, or whatever!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Place my name i the hat too Jimbo. I have a few parts for the All American which can return it to usable condition.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Getting the cards out

OK - I'm getting the cards out and shuffling the deck - ready to draw for the winner,--------
Alright - six members requested to be considered, so I mixed the cards up and drew a 3 of Spades, the third person in the pot was the winner - and that's
kansas45

send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll get it packaged up and the shipping cost to you next week. Congrats!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I still use one of late 60's vintage. In fact its the workhorse of all my 6 presses!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.