Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all whom shall see these presents; Greetings. (always loved that)

Not new to shooting, but brand new to Rugers. I finally decided that the world is far to crazy to wander about un-armed, so I got my concealed carry, effective and official last Thursday. And, bought my carry gun yesterday, a darling little Ruger LCP with the LaserMax CF laser module. Everything else I have is just too big to carry on a regular basis. I gave it a good scrubbing last night and lubed it, then took it out this afternoon to put it through the paces. I fired 50 rounds through it to get the hang of the trigger, then decided to try getting serious.

Hostage Scenario Target at 5 yards. I shot 6 individual engagements, 1 round each, starting each from low ready. I used a combination of point-shooting technique and the laser, going from low ready and firing from a low isosceles stance (about chest high). Needless to say, the little LCP is the cat's pajamas. :) I think I'm gonna like it alot.

·
Reloading Addict
10,713 Posts
That's good shooting and a cool target, I never seen one like that. Where did you get it? Also, welcome to RF from Pa.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good shooting and a cool target, I never seen one like that. Where did you get it? Also, welcome to RF from Pa.
It's out of a Combo-pack from Gander Mountain. 10 Targets, the one you see on front of the package is a standard silhouette. It's 2 each of 5 different targets, this is like the 3rd set into the pack. It's blank silhouettes, 12" bullseye, hostage target, 5 point diamond, and IDPA. It's like $9.95 US for the 10 pack. :)

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
welcome from nevada! lcp is another one that's on my definite short list, for the same reasons you got yours. enjoy the forum and your lcp!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's out of a Combo-pack from Gander Mountain. 10 Targets, the one you see on front of the package is a standard silhouette. It's 2 each of 5 different targets, this is like the 3rd set into the pack. It's blank silhouettes, 12" bullseye, hostage target, 5 point diamond, and IDPA. It's like $9.95 US for the 10 pack. :)
I'm sorry, my mistake. I just checked one of the packets and it's 12 targets, not 10. There is also a pair of silhouettes with scoring rings.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.