Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I bought a sp101 .22 on GB last week. Its an early one I think 1993ish. I just picked it up from Cabela's where I had it shipped. A few questions for all of you...

First - there are two approximately 2" square silica packs in the original box, did it come with those originally or have they been added later? I was going to pitch them but thought I should check first.

Second - it came with a manual that is labeled .38 special on front cover but then there is a little secondary manual included for the .22 model, is that how they came originally with a supplemental manual?

Third - I presume that all Sp's came with a plastic bag. I'm missing the bag but will find one someplace just want to make sure it was a bag and not paper wrapping on early ones.

thanks for any information you can share

MPL

·
Registered
902 Posts
The silica packs did not come from Ruger, not sure but should have had a plastic bag. Here's a pic of the right manual.
Revolver Sleeve Trigger Font Gun barrel

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
Are you questioning these items for collector value? Has the gun been fired?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This box is pretty rough and gun has definitely been used so not much collector value. But I do like to get all the items together that it had when first sold. I just do it for fun. But, if I get everything together and it stays together, in 100 years the collectability of this gun might be much higher with all complete.

I'll probably find another cheap rough box on ebay that has the extra items I need and then just donate the box to local gun shop or antique store to sell for a few bucks.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
This box is pretty rough and gun has definitely been used so not much collector value. But I do like to get all the items together that it had when first sold. I just do it for fun. But, if I get everything together and it stays together, in 100 years the collectability of this gun might be much higher with all complete.

I'll probably find another cheap rough box on ebay that has the extra items I need and then just donate the box to local gun shop or antique store to sell for a few bucks.
Does the box you DO have, have the correct serial number on it that matches your guns serial number ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No serial number sticker on the box, maybe it got tore off at some point. Somebody wrote the serial number of this gun on the side of box. It does say the correct model on one end which is imprinted in the cardboard. I'm guessing it is original box but missing label.

·
Administrator
23,010 Posts
I would take the box and put it with the rest of the firearms boxes I have, take the SP out and put rounds down range and enjoy it today. At 74 my perspective is a much shorter timeline. I understand you enjoy bringing to original NIB status and it is more a hobby than anything else but I doubt that a plastic bag will make a 50 cent difference in the resale value. The SP was born to shoot and with a 22 version it will be still tight in your 100 year time frame. Enjoy the new revolver and congrats.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, you are correct, box will be stored and gun will be put in the rotation to carry while hunting or wandering around with my beagle. It pairs up nice with my .327 SP with adjustable sights which is another reason I bought it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congrats on your find .... BUT

Is it a Full Lug (KSP-241 ) or Half Lug (KSP-240) Model ?

Love my Gen 1 KSP-240

It came to me as a .22 WMR (one of three manufactured by Ruger)
Latey, I found and fit a .22LR Cylinder to it

·
Registered
47 Posts
If memory serves, the half-lugs never came in the plastic bag. I have a few but none were so equipped.

Swamper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts