Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two old style wood stocks for the Mini-14. They can easily be modified for the Mini-30, one of my Mini-30s wears an old style stock made for a Mini-14, you just have to widen the mag well opening at the back 1/8" on each side with a rasp.
These old style wood stocks have about 3/4" shorter LOP than the new style stock, have a curved plastic buttplate that looks like blued steel, while the new stocks have a rubber recoil pad that can be "grabby" on your shirt.
Old stocks are a bit trimmer and lighter too.

I originally had a long LOP wood stock with rubber recoil pad on one of my Mini-30s, but sold it and got an old style stock. The longer stock felt fine shooting from a bench, but that was about it.
I am 6 feet tall but have come to prefer the shorter LOP, it's better if you happen to have thick jacket on, a TAC vest, or if you are shooting from unorthodox positions and angles. A too long stock is clumsy to use, while a shorter stock is more versatile. Ruger hasn't made these in a while.

These stocks have the rear swivel and buttplate with screws, but no mag well reinforcement or the screws and washers to hold it in place.
If you aren't going to use the mag well reinforcement off of your old stock, you can buy them at places like Midway or gunpartscorp, or see if Ruger has them available.

One stock is a bit darker and has more gloss, both have a few nicks and scratches. None real deep, I'm showing the worst nicks on each stock in the close ups.

The darker stock has a stainless swivel, and the lighter one a blued swivel, but I could swap the swivels, and I know I have some extra stainless swivels in my parts bin.
Price on either stock is $50, that will cover what I have in them plus what it will cost me to ship them.
$50 price, with shipping included.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.