Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy from the great state of Texas. My first Ruger, like many I am sure was the venerable wood stocked 10/22. Since then I have owned roughly 20 different rifles and pistols. Now, only a handful remain. Today, I went wandering in a sporting goods area ( always a risky proposition ) and something caught my eye and I just instinctively bought it. The Ruger Wrangler .22 in Burnt Bronze. What a great looking and feeling gun. I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with the bull barrel so my target shooting jones is already covered. I also have an SR9, EC9s, a 10/22 Backpacker and an LCPII .22 Lite Rack. Why then did I, just on a whim pick up a simple economical .22 Single Action? I certainly was not planning to. So, why? Well, hopefully you as a child or youngster remember your first time shooting a pistol. I do and it was a plain jane kit revolver with a 4” barrel and 6 shots. It was not fancy or expensive, but to me, in that moment, I was every good guy wearing a white hat riding to save the day with my trusty 6 shooter. That’s why I bought the Wrangler, pure unadulterated nostalga and for the simple Fun of it. I right now cannot not think of a better reason, can you? Thanks for the add, Gents and Ladies.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,652 Posts
So glad to have you with us on the forum. Enjoy shooting your Wrangler. I enjoy shooting all kinds of guns. Like you , a single action revolver stimulates my imagination. They are a special kind of fun. I love the slow pace of the loading/ unloading process. It relaxes me and brings peace to my mind. There is more to life than how fast you can burn up ammunition. Welcome aboard, and let us know how the Wrangler shoots.

·
Registered
16,989 Posts
Welcome from up in the Panhandle.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Greetings from Maine and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,620 Posts
Glad you are here! Greetings from Ohio and welcome to the forum. Your reasoning is spot on from my standpoint for purchasing a Ruger Wrangler. And to top it all off Ruger did a good job on this SA for anyone wishing for a decent SA rimfire. Hope you stick around-> I think you will find good like minded members here. Be safe and be healthy!
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Greetings from the Show Me State.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Buckeye State ...

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Another big welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania!!

·
Army CW3
1,073 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
One Star
9,629 Posts
Hello from KY.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts