Ruger Forum banner

OLDER 10 22 VALUES

6K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  RevolverGuy 
#1 ·
Owners of 1995 or older, low mileage 10 22's, that are nice, what would it take for you to part with it?

#3 ·
jj63, There's not much collector value in older 10/22s .... mostly because they are very much the same as they were in 1964, the first year of production. I have a 1974 vintage 10/22 with a walnut stock, metal butt plate, metal trigger group, and metal barrel band. All parts are interchangeable with a brand new 2020 model. 10/22s have been made in many configurations .... mostly different stocks, a few different barrel lengths, and stainless steel models. Now we have take-down versions too. Point being, several million have been made and they are still a current production model.

I would value my 1974 10/22 at $400 because of the walnut stock and metal appointments. I doubt if anyone would buy it at that price .... which is good because I don't plan on selling it. Here's a photo of my cherry '74 vintage 10/22:

#9 ·
I bought mine new at Walmart in 95, s steel with a laminated stock that has a design on it that is hard to describe, but looks good. It's scoped, has had a trigger job, still looks brand new, & shoots like a dream. The value of anything is what someone is willing to pay. I'm a wood & metal guy when it comes to my guns, & I wouldn't trade my 10 22 for a truck load of how they are made now. Like the rest of you guys, I doubt if any one with good sense would offer me enough money for me to part with mine.

#11 ·
I had a ‘68 that I found several years ago that I picked up In a pawn shop for $125. I didn’t shoot it much anymore So I sold it to a friend for his son, for $100. It Han one small nick under the barrel that you could hardly see. Otherwise, it looked like it had never been fired.

#12 ·
Now that I'm in my sixties and can start to "think" about someday parting with some firearms. My 1974 10/22 won't be one of them. It'll go to my daughter or son in law. It was my first rifle. Dad got it for me when I was 14. Got it's first life in Upstate NY both small game hunting and over my shoulder, up against a packbasket, while on a trapline. It then accompanied me in the field as a plinker while hiking in Montana and Wyoming. Lately, just indoor target shooting at a range in N Georgia.

#14 ·
I can’t remember the exact year I bought mine but I’m guessing around 1973 or 74. I do remember that I bought it new at Kmart on sale for $69. I’ll have to look in the box and see if I kept the receipt. I usually keep the receipt or something that tells what I paid and when I bought it.

it still looks new and functions perfectly. I do t shoot it often but said this week that I need to take it out And shoot it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.