Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up for sale on a local forum, just looking for some opinions on this. I'm new to ar's so just on the hunt for a good local deal. Always shot pistols, just been looking to pick one of these up soon with the talks of a ban coming.

i have for sale a used olympic arms .223 AR15 with 16' barrel.I have put about 300 rounds through this gun. shoots very well. im only selling to upgrade to a fn scar.the gun will come with hard case, sling, and 1-30rd mag.
it has the following items installed on it:

ncstar red dot scope
uag M4 carbine quad aluminum handguard w/ rubber covers
utg deluxe ergonomic foregrip
hogue rubber grip with finger grooves
nc star z-type carry handle mount
Engraved ejection pot cover with "dont trend on me"
UTG mod 4 extended tactical charging handle latch

$750 with all add-ons
$600 with stock parts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not familiar with them personally, but you can take a quick trip to Bud's gun shop site and check out the comments. Bud's is presently out of all but one Olympic arms AR's, but the comments on generally seem to be pretty favorable. Looks like a good price too, though I would personally prefer one with an adjustable buttstock.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
As a Range gun, Olympic is not too bad... but for $600, I would go to Palmetto State Armory and order a lower and an upper from there and you'll have a much better rifle. Also, I wouldn't spend a dime on the NCStar and UTG junk. Just an honest opinion from an AR guy who has learned lessons the hard way :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a Range gun, Olympic is not too bad... but for $600, I would go to Palmetto State Armory and order a lower and an upper from there and you'll have a much better rifle. Also, I wouldn't spend a dime on the NCStar and UTG junk. Just an honest opinion from an AR guy who has learned lessons the hard way :D
Thanks for the info, I'll go check that out. And your not the 1st to comment on the add ons being cheap. I posted this on another forum with a weapon section and the 1st post in there was commenting on the cheap stuff.

EDIT, looks like i'll have to wait til after work that site is blocked here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.