Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of help, please.

Those with original Ruger Bearcats.....uncut front sight, 1960-61 or anytime in the 60s.....

Please measure the front sight height for me.

This one is filed to .151".

Need a starting place to select a new sight. May not use original sail style so............

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bit of help, please.

Those with original Ruger Bearcats.....uncut front sight, 1960-61 or anytime in the 60s.....

Please measure the front sight height for me.

This one is filed to .151".

Need a starting place to select a new sight. May not use original sail style so............

What is a Bearcat?

·
Banned
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it can be a bit tense, especially when folks don't smilie a post when they are funnin!

Ok....A bearcat, OM and NM is a small frame Ruger Single Action Revolver, variously available in the 22 LR/22 Mag rim fire calibers.

Photos abound via google.

I have one that needs TLC. Front sight ground down, locking bolt molested, etc. Fixin it up and rather than shoot and nip (many times) a new taller front sight at random to get to POA, figured I'd check out factory sight heights on unmolested samples and work the task once. Since I'll probably use a turtle or heart or spider front sight, and they are generally short, I want to verify there will be enough blade to work with before soldering it on the barrel.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry guy's I went totally BLANK on that name.(age?) then after posting it popped in to
my head. I have two of them but just could not connect the name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts