Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a blued SBH hammer off Gunman and romoved the blue. I just installed it and am very pleased with the look. It took me an hour and a half to do it and 2 tries to get it right. [B)]

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just received a SBH hammer a couple days ago and have been trying to work up enough nerve to try to replace it myself.

The factory disassembly instructions are pretty straight forward, but I am a little concerned about the little pieces. Like the Pawl spring and plunger, cylinder latch spring and plunger and any other small fly away part.

I may put a couple of towels on the kitchen table and have at it tonight. Maybe!!!!!

Can't wait to see how it will look in my Nrew Vaquero.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was nervous too. Then when it didn't work I was really bumming. It's not really that bad. I have a video that shows how to do it. It's a little tricky, but you can do it. Let us know how it went when you've finished. :)

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Looks good Bountyhunter (even as good as mine!)
This one now sports fake ivorys, but you get the picture:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Putting the assemblies or as much of the whole gun as necessary, in a clear plastic bag while you disassemble them, catches any ‘fly away parts’ pretty well. A clear bag lets you see what you are doing as well. Very nice looking gun,BountyHunter. Gunman's is too! Thanks for showing!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

That's the gun you posted to show me how it would look. I like the bird's head too. I'm going to do the same to the next Vaquero I get. I really like the SBH hammers.

Post us a pic of the new grips. I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like the look!!! Hammer seems more user-friendly than the longhorn style....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

I like the look!!! Hammer seems more user-friendly than the longhorn style....
Huge improvement! Easy to reach. Easy to thumb.

I also cleaned up and oiled the guts. Seems to be a bit smoother. :)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Wizard. I thought you might be interested in this thread. Are you still looking for a Vaquero? I know you were wanting a pair. I'm still looking for my 2nd.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Yea, I'd still love to get a pair, but right now, I've got about 4 guns ahead of them. I did buy a Single Six this weekend. Our club has a Rimfire Ruckus disciplen for people to shoot because it's much more affordable than the CA. It requires a rimfire SA revolver, a rimfire lever action rifle and a single barrel/single shot shotgun. I already have the henry leaver action, and Friday, I got the revolver and shot gun. Yesterday, I ordered my holster rig. Can't wait.

I really like the looks of that hammer much better. Ya done good.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sounds like fun! Congrats on the new guns! Keep us posted on how things go with it.

Can we expect pics of the new holster when you get it? Where'd ya get it from?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I ordered it from Old Trading Post. Don't know anything about them, but the price was good...$155 shipped. Will take them 5 weeks, because of it being a .22 and because of my + size..... Pics of the whole setup when holster arrives.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bountyhunter

quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

That's the gun you posted to show me how it would look. I like the bird's head too. I'm going to do the same to the next Vaquero I get. I really like the SBH hammers.

Post us a pic of the new grips. I'd like to see it.

Here ya go:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice! I couldn't decide if I liked the black or the white. With them side by side I like the white.

Is that an OM .45?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by Wizard

Bountyhunter, the more I look at that gun, the more I like your grips. what wood is that?
It's cocobolo. I bought 2 sets off 41 Magnum. I wanted the matching set for my next Vaquero. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts