Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep hearing about the great gun shows! Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Phoenix!! Unfortunately, they are not close enough to me!! What happens around Omaha, Nebraska? (Except wind blowing!)

·
Registered
576 Posts
John,

I am 160 miles from Omaha. I've had an FFL for 30 years. I used to go to the Bellevue show at West high school about 5 miles from Omaha 15 to 20 years ago when our kids were little. Then the show was changed to the shopping mall in Bellevue. I think it could not be held in the high school gym anymore. As I understand, the city of Omaha does NOT allow any handguns at gun shows AT ALL, so there are no shows there. Shotgun News tried to have a show there 15 to 20 years ago. It was on the same weekend that I ran my show here. I ran one in April and one in October for 9 years. Then I had a brain tumor. There were shows just west of Omaha in a little fire station, and also north of Omaha in Ft. Calhoun. The BEST gun show in the Omaha area is in Fremont, NE, about 35 miles from Omaha. Only about 240 tables, but nice. Fremont has a gun show early in the year and in the fall of the year. One is by the rifle club and the other is by the muzzleloader club, I believe. Fremont is 135 miles from me; I go to most of them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Indeed. Omaha does not allow gun shows. It is hard to believe that Nebraska Has been voting republican in every presidential race since WW2 ended. But, Omaha is like the san francisco of the midwest when it comes to owning handguns.

I use to live for too many years......Love the city and the people......just not the politics.

The Fremont show should be good though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts