Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all may know I am relatively a new shooter and have 2 Rugers all ready within a month of each other. NOW I am adding an SR22 to my collection. It should be in my hands next Sunday after the 10 day waiting period. :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats on the new toys !!!
Thanks. I am limiting myself to 3 guns till next year......I just discovered that the SR1911 is not legal here in CA! DAMNIT! That WAS going to be my next and first purchase of 2013. Hopefully by then the SR1911 is certified for CA. If not I have to stray and get a Kimber.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The SR22 is an excellent field and general shooting pistol, mine has shot everything I've fed it. Training with your's will greatly improve your confidence and shooting skills and you'll find it going on every range trip with you. As to the SR1911 I can only guess that CA requires each individual gun to be on the approved list and doesn't approve 1911's as a class.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The SR22 is an excellent field and general shooting pistol, mine has shot everything I've fed it. Training with your's will greatly improve your confidence and shooting skills and you'll find it going on every range trip with you. As to the SR1911 I can only guess that CA requires each individual gun to be on the approved list and doesn't approve 1911's as a class.
I believe the SR22 will help me do those things and I am somewhat getting better with my SR9 as well. The SR22 will be kinder on my wallet ammo wise too hehehehehe. As for the 1911 you are correct that each individual gun has to be certified and not the "class". I REALLY hope they get it certified soon in CA so I can add it to my collection next year. BUT IF not I will just settle for one of the Kimber models and who knows IF the SR1911 does get CA certified and I have the Kimber all ready I MAY just have to trade/sell it for the SR1911, because I don't need 2 of the same type of gun. We'll see until then.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think you will really enjoy it, mine has shot everything I have put in it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts