Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
One more gun
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold and lots of snow? Here's a way to beat that boredom. Round up your kids or siblings and have them make a bunch of snowmen. Then take your shotgun and go to town on the obese white bastards! Birdshot will explode them quite nicely and it's tons of fun :D Reactive targets for absolutely free.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
First you have to peel their fingers from their phones and tablets. Then you gotta talk them into going outside. Great idea, but I can't remember the last time I seen any kids outside playing. Well, I can't really say any....just not like when my kids were little. We used to have to threaten them to get them inside.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
First you have to peel their fingers from their phones and tablets. Then you gotta talk them into going outside. Great idea, but I can't remember the last time I seen any kids outside playing. Well, I can't really say any....just not like when my kids were little. We used to have to threaten them to get them inside.
Thats a good idea,, but I'm with Grandpabear on that. I dont remember the last time I seen a snowman, or kids outside playing in winter..

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Our kids never got a choice. Like our parents did to us, we got outside and made winter fun. Those "new" plastic sleds pull real easy behind a snowmobile or 4x4 ATV in the snow as do over inflated inner tubes. My wife loves getting out with them in a fresh snow and making snow angles in the yard. The Grandkids love it.

The weather hasn't been the best this year for it, but all the Grandkids love to go ice fishing.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Had quite the post written out, but decided to delete it because I really don't feel like getting into a discussion over my reasoning why kids don't play outside much anymore.

All I'll say is not all kids are like how you described. I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I think I was one of those kids that had to be threatened to come inside. I remember walking inside and it taking 10 to 15 minutes to be able to see right because my eyes were so contracted from being out in the bright for so long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts