Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
were doing it to our selves, were too blame for driven ammo prices up, Watching it on gun broker, Auction Arms, Joe blows wants the same ammo that the other Joe blow wants, Never seen 9mm have 45- 51 bids on a case, :eek: going to say it once again,And I have talk to alot of people in the ammo industies they have not said of any laws to ban ammo, Its a hear say for now, I use to have a FFL, and new york state permit to sell handguns , had the FFl for 32 years. I saw so many times bad news in the air drives up prices, Brady bill, LA sniper, even the year 2000 which was y2k, drive prices up, The point I am trying to make is PANIC that we a get, And this is what we do to our self, No ammo companys are going under, But if we dont get the panic feeling out of us there will be a shortage, and when there a shortage whats the next thing to happen prices go up,

·
Registered
760 Posts
From my viewpoint, a ban on high capacity mags should result in a lesser demand for ammo. I know that existing high cap mags would still be out there. I know people that have over 10,000 rounds tucked away. Ammo hoarding doesn't help the price either.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I think you both made very good points ;)

I haven't seen a significant increase in the price of ammo that I use in my locale. But I have experienced a shortage of the calibers I shoot that I've not seen before. These are ordinary calibers too not anything exotic, such as, .22LR, .22 Mag, .357 Mag, 45 Colt and .45 Auto.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Actually in Cali there are ongoing legislative efforts by the antis to restrict ammo sales, many here are stocking up as a result. The latest effort will involve placing purchasers of 1000+ rounds on a police watch list.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thankfully, I stocked up on ammo over the last couple years and have plenty of supplies for reloading, so I am good. I do however understand the reasoning behind all of this. We have a president who is obviously against us and with those in congress who stand with him, we may see new laws come down from DC.
Of course, that is nothing new to you guys, so I say, get it now while you still can because the liberals in DC believe in the Saul Alinski tactic of "never let a tragedy go to waist"!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Actually in Cali there are ongoing legislative efforts by the antis to restrict ammo sales, many here are stocking up as a result. The latest effort will involve placing purchasers of 1000+ rounds on a police watch list.
Man, there would be a lot of folk on police watch lists if that ever happened here..... :D
Personally I believe the police have better things to do than watch LAFO.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Man, there would be a lot of folk on police watch lists if that ever happened here..... :D
Personally I believe the police have better things to do than watch LAFO.
Same here, but it's inherently offensive and yet another example of our escalating police state

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only one that selling ammo with any great luck is sportsman supply in PA, all the other people that have ammo for sale are not moving it, come people there a shortage everything should be gone shortage my ass

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Yes, and the question is... will it be a single buy of 1,000 rounds, or a cumulative number... as in: This guy has purchased 1,000 rounds in the past six months. He must be a threat to society.

One thing that really worries me is the state putting a ban on internet/mail order ammo purchases. A lot of the good, clean ammo I really like is not available in stores here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish there were country to find yet All gun owners could move there have are own ammo plant, no government to tell us what to do, no crime because eveyone would be armed

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I wonder if any of the gun-grabbers sincerely believe such nonsense will work. I can't tell for sure if they're simply looking to harass gun owners or if some folks seriously believe more ammo make a person more dangerous.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
were doing it to our selves, were too blame for driven ammo prices up, Watching it on gun broker, Auction Arms, Joe blows wants the same ammo that the other Joe blow wants, Never seen 9mm have 45- 51 bids on a case, :eek: going to say it once again,And I have talk to alot of people in the ammo industies they have not said of any laws to ban ammo, Its a hear say for now, I use to have a FFL, and new york state permit to sell handguns , had the FFl for 32 years. I saw so many times bad news in the air drives up prices, Brady bill, LA sniper, even the year 2000 which was y2k, drive prices up, The point I am trying to make is PANIC that we a get, And this is what we do to our self, No ammo companys are going under, But if we dont get the panic feeling out of us there will be a shortage, and when there a shortage whats the next thing to happen prices go up,
I understand the sentiment, and I totally agree, but I seriously doubt the panic will stop anytime soon. Once this type of thing gets going, trying to stop would be like trying to drink the ocean dry with a straw...i.e., impossible. You'd think that the politicos would sit up and take notice of what they've triggered, but with the recent political disasters we've had, coupled with the psychopathic idiots shooting up small kids & fire fighters....well, right now, law-abiding gun owners are in an uphill political battle as never before. My personal advice to all: Fellow NRA members, keep your membership current. Those of you who aren't NRA members: Put aside your petty objections and JOIN UP! This is not the time for divisiveness among ourselves, and the NRA is STILL our best and strongest voice against those who would disarm the law-abiding for the sins of the lawless. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
I wonder if any of the gun-grabbers sincerely believe such nonsense will work. I can't tell for sure if they're simply looking to harass gun owners or if some folks seriously believe more ammo make a person more dangerous.
Ignorance among the antis is rampant so there is no telling what they actually believe about certain measures, what is clear though is their vision is a false utopia without guns that will magically make everyone safe and somehow cause everyone to get along, and they take any opportunity to push that agenda forward upon the law abiding. I have every reason to believe recent events will only make things worse.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
^With the way the media reported the Batman theater shooter had bought 6,000 rounds of ammo in the months prior to that shootout, I'm sure some folks really are that ignorant.

I talked about that issue with my brother who isn't into guns. To make the issue crystal clear, I asked him how fast he thought a spree shooter would be moving while giving him a piggy back ride. 6,000 rounds would weight as much as a man, putting in perspective how it's way beyond what any spree shooter could possibly carry & use.

It's hard to imagine how a killer could utilize even 500 rounds, much less thousands.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Come on now...

Ignorance among the antis is rampant so there is no telling what they actually believe about certain measures, what is clear though is their vision is a false utopia without guns that will magically make everyone safe and somehow cause everyone to get along, and they take any opportunity to push that agenda forward upon the law abiding. I have every reason to believe recent events will only make things worse.
Isn't it obvious - it's just like abortion - if you make abortion illegal that will clearly reduce the number of people who end up with unwanted pregnancies, right? Isn't that the reason why women have unwanted pregnancies in the first place, because abortions are handed out on every street corner, aren't they?

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I've got about 20k rounds of .22LR. Does that make me a psychopath? Bought most of it right after '08 election, when Wally World 550 round Value Packs were $13.47. That's why I bought it, the same packs are $19.97 now, hear they're going up to $21.97 next month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts