Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once upon a time a king had a beautiful daughter. The Princess had a problem. Everything she touched melted. Everything, metal, wood, stone, everything. Men were afraid to go near her, and she feared she would never get married.

The king was desperate for a grandson, so he consulted the best wizards and magicians he could find. One wizard told the king "If your daughter touches one thing that does not melt in her hands, she will be cured." Happy as Larry, the King held a competition. Any man that could bring his daughter an object that would not melt when the princess touched it would marry the princess and inherit the kingdom.

Two princes, and one young collier from Cowpen Quay, took up the challenge. The first prince brought a sword made from the worlds finest steel. But alas, when the princess touched it, it melted. The second prince brought diamonds. The hardest substance in the world and he believed they would not melt. But once the princess touched them, they melted. The King was inconsolable as the young collier stepped up; he was a fine looking man but he was covered from head to toe in coal dust. The princess hesitated as she approached him. But the king urged her forward. "Put your hand in my pocket bonny lass and grab the contents."

Unenthusiastically the princess did as she was told. Her face was the colour of beetroot as she put her hand in his pocket and felt something hard. She held it in her hand. It didn't melt. The king was jumping with joy and everyone was relieved that the princess was cured and the kingdom was saved. The collier married the princess and they lived happily ever after.

Question: What was in the collier's pocket?

?
?
?

M& M's of course.

They melt in your mouth, not in your hand .

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Exactly.....yum & fun LOL :rolleyes:
I feel that I must list blue frosting at this point.
I like the frosting as well.
As a little guy I was always allowed to "clean" the bowl when Mum had finished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts