Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and thought I’d share my excitement. Today I found a 10.5” barrel Super Blackhawk in 454 Casull. I bought it from the gunsmith that works for Ruger and made it himself. He said it is considered a factory gun and it’s the only one they made. I’m a pretty pumped about having a one of a kind.

·
Corps Commander NGV
8,812 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That is a very interesting story. What gunsmith made it? What documentation do you have from the factory about your revolver? How many thousands did you pay for this unicorn? I am really looking forward to seeing pictures of the gun.

·
Corps Commander NGV
8,812 Posts
His name is Gary Dimick. I confirmed he is a gunsmith at Ruger. I’m gonna call Ruger tomorrow
Hopefully they can shed some light on what you have. The 10.5" Super Blackhawk revolvers I am familiar with were .44 magnums with plow handle grips. The factory .454 was a Bisley with a shorter barrel. Your revolver would be a cool combination, factory original or not. Please show us pictures of the big single action.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I’m pretty excited to have it. Not really a revolver liver but that caught my attention. He had a Ruger no 1 6.5 creed new in box with a Ruger scope. He wanted $2500 for it. Anyone know if that’s a good deal or not
A .454 with a 10.5" barrel is not really a "revolver" per se, more of a quick reloading canon! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Ruger Shooter
608 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from NE Ohio.

@Pull-1 took the words right out of my mouth -- WOW!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts