Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If we could resurrect 50,000 WWII Marines, equip them properly,let them out at the southern border of Iraq, and keep the media and politicians out-two months later we'd be getting complaints from all the surrounding countries about the loud country music...our fighting men have always done the job-if they're left alone to do it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very moving, if that doesn't make you proud to be American nothing will. My late Father-in-law was a U.S. Marine on the initial landing at Guadalcanal and was wounded twice, the second time very seriously. He spent 4 months in very intense and bloody fighting. He then spent almost a year in the hospital. He saw some terrible things there, lost many buddies but he was always proud to be an American, was always a Marine. My own Dad served 4 years from 1942 - 1946 in England in the 8th Air Force, 25th Heavy Bombardment Group, 652nd Squadron. He told of some horrible things that happened in his beloved B-17's, especially to the tail gunners. But he also had some wonderful times there and he focused on those.

I still have my Father-in-laws 1911A1 that he carried on Guadalcanal and both his and my Dad's war medals.

That was one hell of a generation of Americans and we're loosing them way too fast these days.

God bless them all.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nothing makes me love my country more than to talk to a serviceman of any age who's been to hell and back on my behalf...we owe so much to them all.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
How true Sheepdog, they couldn't wait to get into the service after Pearl Harbor, all my uncles volunteered in Navy and Army, my Dad had six kids back then so he didn't go. They paid a big price back then and in the wars before and after for our continued freedom. Too bad so many people forget.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
All thoes guys have been my heros all my life. The sad part is it is not taught to our children in history classes these days. All it gets from the liberal education system is a quick pass over and let's move on. When I was a kid our teachers had vets come in class and tell us about WW II. Those days are long gone. How sad as most of my hero's are gone too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts