Ruger Forum banner
1 - 1 of 6 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
Very moving, if that doesn't make you proud to be American nothing will. My late Father-in-law was a U.S. Marine on the initial landing at Guadalcanal and was wounded twice, the second time very seriously. He spent 4 months in very intense and bloody fighting. He then spent almost a year in the hospital. He saw some terrible things there, lost many buddies but he was always proud to be an American, was always a Marine. My own Dad served 4 years from 1942 - 1946 in England in the 8th Air Force, 25th Heavy Bombardment Group, 652nd Squadron. He told of some horrible things that happened in his beloved B-17's, especially to the tail gunners. But he also had some wonderful times there and he focused on those.

I still have my Father-in-laws 1911A1 that he carried on Guadalcanal and both his and my Dad's war medals.

That was one hell of a generation of Americans and we're loosing them way too fast these days.

God bless them all.

1 - 1 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.