Ruger Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Bulldog 47:
Keep us posted.
As the OP, maybe I should catch up as well. I posted the same or similar on other forums. I got some interested, and a couple of harrumphs that it wouldn't work as intended on a long sight radius rifle. Anyway, I tried it, and after working with it for 6ish months I can dispel the harrumphs. It most assuredly does not need a long rifle barrel radius. Once one convinces oneself (that a bunch of onesies) to use it exactly like a rifle peep sight, it works. Relax, look into the peep hole and find the front sight. It will be centered. Just don't try to force it to the center. It has the same advantages of a rifle aperture sight: relatively quick target acquisition, for me a bit easier to center the front sight, and simplicity. Range distances for my NMBH .45 Colt are 20-25 yards, with occasional playing at 50 yards. The larger aperture works best for me, I'd guess the small aperture and more concentrated sighting might be better for 30-50+ yards and a bullseye target or "squirrels and sech." For $30 I thinks it's worth a play with, jmho

-jb, no affiliation, real paying customer, YMMV, blada blada

· Registered
264 Posts
My mini 14 came with a rear peep sight. I can see this as being very useful especially on a side arm in dangerous critter country.
I've been fiddling with a new to me 4 5/8 41 mag. This looks like a great addition for that pistol.

· Registered
15,924 Posts
Ok, stupid question time ... before the trichnophan kicks in. Does this still give adjustability in sighting the firearm in or is it now a fixed sight gun?

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
rmichael63, you are correct. The company is Warren Custom Outdoor. And it's my fault from the outset, but the actual name of the product is One Hole Sights. Somewhere I misnamed it as One Ragged Hole Sight.

-jb, not sure that I don't like my name for it better

Reactions: rmichael63
21 - 30 of 30 Posts