Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my LCP last week and cant find practice ammo anywhere.....but 1 internet site and the only kind available was American Eagle 380 acp 95 gr fmj 50 rounds and another brand I had never heard of 20 rds. I ordered 4 boxes because I am not sure my local range will have any to buy at the time. I used the brand for my 9mm testing at the range so I figured it couldnt be too bad? I bought Hornady Critical Defense for carry. TALKING ABOUT AMMO to me is like tying to understanding a foreign language...did I make a bad purchase or should I go and order more?

·
Registered
461 Posts
American eagle isn't bad. I would pick up as much of it as you can at this point. No telling when supply will catch back up. Never rely on the range to support your ammo needs, always keep a stash.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Federal or Winchester white box.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
There is nothing wrong with American Eagle I also think it's Federal ammo & Federal is some of the best in my opinion.
Save your brass, you may become a reloader later (although the .380 is a small case in my BIG hands) & even if you don't some ranges will give a discount for returned brass when you purchase from them.
I'd save the brass as reloading equipment isn't all that expensive now & there are lots of reloading machines on the market.

I think you'll like the LCP, besides being small & able to go anywhere, they are FUN to shoot. I like them.
Good shooting.
Frank

·
Banned
698 Posts
American Eagle is a Federal brand, and the same parent company also makes CCI and Speer I think.
I know but that's like saying the Chevy s10 and the Chevy 3500 are both Chevrolet products. True... but they have differences.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I know but that's like saying the Chevy s10 and the Chevy 3500 are both Chevrolet products. True... but they have differences.
Actually, ATK is upgrading Federal. Fed .45 230 gr. FMJ was rated at 830 fps with a small pistol primer but now it has the large pistol primer and is rated at 890 fps, same as American Eagle.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
ammo

American eagle isn't bad. I would pick up as much of it as you can at this point. No telling when supply will catch back up. Never rely on the range to support your ammo needs, always keep a stash.
I agree. I've been buying as much .380, of just about any brand, as I can lately. I encourage you to do the same:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts