Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a new bolt from Kidd...The only thing I will have left "ruger" on my 10/22 is the reciever...

That wasn't my intention when I started, but thats where I have ended up.. I quess the build bug got me...Got me wondering who else has only the "Ruger" reciever left on there 10/22 ???

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Not me (no 10/22 at all), but I do remember not too long ago that someone (maybe Volquartsen?) produced even the receiver as well. I contained all of the slicked out parts already and had a hole in the back of the receiver so that the gun could be cleaned from the breech end vs. cleaning from the muzzle. It was made entirely out of Stainless Steel. At the time they also made a tricked out all stainless trigger group. I guess that they thought it made for more of a bench-rest type of gun due to the additional weight. I still wish I had of moved on those when they were available since aluminum is all that can be had now. Smithy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I thought I might have been in that situation. I intended on building a 10/22 and got all the parts except the receiver. I was having issues with getting the receiver I wanted (FFL wanted way too much for a transfer) so I thought I would just buy a ruger 10/22 and just use the receiver. Didn't want or need the other part so I went and found a new FFL. If you have better aftermarket parts it may be worth your consideration to get an aftermarket receiver too.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Personally, unless one's to go to the utmost top level on everything, optics and ammo included, the factory receiver will be just fine. Many simply think there's some magic that occurs with the aftermarket ones so they go that route yet then the rest of the components are sub-par in comparison. Others I do think go aftermarket simply for "look what I have" purposes.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I got to that point with mine last spring, all Kidd parts except the receiver, magazine and stock.

I decided to order a Kidd Classic receiver and put my original 10/22 back together and sell it. Best intentions.

In the end I ordered another barrel, a Kidd drop in trigger kit and later another Kidd bolt when they were on sale... Who doesn't need another awesome 10/22 around ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts