Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to get bored alot.

When I get bored, I find projects to do.

I'm currently sans-upper, so i grabbed my lower and some nail polish and went to town. Took about 30 minutes and cost me a total of NOTHING and the result is pretty darn near perfect!

Easy peasy way to add a lil somethin' special to your lower, or glock, or whatever gun you want. Heck, do it with your SR9 or SR40! Anything with engraving. It takes about 5 minutes to remove if you dont like the result.

·
Registered
232 Posts
How do you like that lower? I just noticed the Tacoma WA stamp, and was curious how well my home state is building those.

Nice paint by the way!!

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks sharp. How do you fill the engraving cleanly without excess smearing all over the place?

Magic!

Okay okay I'll share.

It's super easy, and you actually DO smear it all over the place.

I just took nail polish (some people use spray paint, or model paint, or whatever) and painted it all over the area, making sure it "filled" the engraving and leveled off above the flat surface of the receiver

Then let it dry. I put it under a lamp for like 20 min. had a beer.

Then put some nail polish remover (NON-ACETONE...on something like this regular would be fine but if the acetone based stuff gets on your polymer grips or the polymer lower...you're gonna be sad) on a cotton ball and scrub back and forth lightly, then wipe away the excess with a clean cotton ball. It stays in the grooves but cleans away on the flat surfaces.

If you want to remove it, just get the nail polish remover and be more aggressive, work it in deeper and wipe it away.

Even if you have zero paint skill you can do it. youtube "glock color fill" "glock nail polish" or something, there are videos. :D

How do you like that lower? I just noticed the Tacoma WA stamp, and was curious how well my home state is building those.

Nice paint by the way!!
Aero precision makes GREAT lowers. From my understanding all lowers come from only a few different factories, its just the engraving thats changed on them. Great lowers at great prices. Mil-spec, my stripper lower was $75 bucks at a local store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts