Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shame on me. I'm generally very meticulous about keeping my guns looking and working like new. Normally, my guns get cleaned every time I shoot them. If they haven't been used for a few months, they get cleaned anyway.

But not my favorite, my birch carbine 10/22. Lately I've been slipping with that one, and I'm not sure why. For some reason, I've got this idea in my head that it's hard to re-assemble. Well, maybe when you're new with a 10/22, it takes a few tries and a few four letter words to get the bolt back in. But once you learn how, it's a piece of cake.

Maybe a part of it is that the 10/22 is sort of the AK of the rimfire world- it just keeps chugging along...

Now, I did clean it, mind you. But for awhile I pretty much just ran a snake down the bore, cleaned off the breech face a bit, and wiped down the exterior.

So today, when I got home from shooting and gave it a proper and thorough cleaning, I'm sure happy no one was around to see it. Ick. I will never let any firearm of mine get that dirty again.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Having to much fun! I have a stainless 10/22. It is pretty much trouble free. Every few thousand rounds I pull the trigger group to inspect the bolt buffer. That is about all the care the 10/22 gets.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I cleaned my father's 10/22 last year. Probably had a decade of grime in it. I offered to get it clean and reliable. Mine gets dirty, but I try not to let it get too out of hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts