Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday there were problems at work, which resulted in me staying on for afternoon shift as well. So I called to tell my wife what was happening. Instead of saying "goodbye" she said "happy anniversary" Oh my gosh! I totally forgot (only the 3rd!) and I missed it to boot. Everything was closed by midnight, but I had an ace in the hole, my "secret" gift stash (read: glove box). so I wasn't totally out of the running. This morning she gave me some beef jerky as a gift, so I have a hunch that she may have forgotten until the last minute, but remembered before me. Our three month old has really changed our sleeping schedule so we are out of it most of the time, but this should break me of that. I hear Outlook Express its great for remembering important dates. Oh well, Tonite will be better.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Use every means possible to remember from now on. Nothing like having someone to share your life with and to love. Having the little one only makes it that more important.
Congrats on 3 years.

·
Registered
632 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! Put her before yourself and show her that you love her. All of us women are suckers for being loved! Remember R O M A N C E in little ways. It makes woman happy and in the end, the men too. That baby is yours and requires much of her time, attention and energy. That part gets better soon. You've got the best of life right now. I'm happy for you.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Rich man among us!!!!! You're blessed!!! Smart, too, to be prepared...all I coulda given her from my glovebox woulda been a screwdriver and some superglue....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
glad things worked out. sheepdog your so prepared lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys and gal. Yesterday my wife sheepishly admitted to forgetting about it until lunchtime. She had to date and sign something and it hit her all of the sudden. Since I was in the field most of the day I never even looked at the date. We Had a good laugh about it and spent the rest of the night enjoying spending time with each other and our wonderful daughter. I'm lucky to have time with my two favorite girls!

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
You are truly blessed! Congratulations and I'm glad it all worked out.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Well, to be honest - I've been there too. The first 4 or 5 years no problem, then I messed up remembering the wrong date for a couple of years, then there were about 4 years she forgot about so I was able to rib her pretty hard when I showed up with a gift she & didn't know why - but the last ten or so we both have CRS so try to remind each other ahead of time. And my sister has gotten into the act by calling or emailing me to remind me too. It's gotten to be a standing joke - and to make it worse, my sister has gotten the date wrong the last three years! Maybe we should get the froum to set up a reminder for us OOFs for important dates---
Congratulation on the new family addition. But now you know why God let young people have kids and old people to have Grandkids.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Congratulations; I feel your pain, most married guys can relate to the experience.

I forgot our 1st anniversary until the mail NCO delivered a big white box,(care package),covered with tattered red hearts and bows. My C.O. bailed me out by arrainging a radio-phone call,(MARS station in Saigon), to my young bride.

He just couldn't believe that I forgot "April Fools Day" was my anniversary..... :D

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Congrats on the 3rd, I can't even remember back that far as we are at 30+ years now and I always have to do the math to remember exactly which one it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts