Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who are relegated to doing your gun cleaning etc., in one of the bathrooms, a word of caution: don't fumble around trying to reassemble your 12ga within several feet of the toilet. did a nice, thorough (time consuming) job of cleaning my 870 just now, and as i was reassembling the whole breech bolt/slide block/fore-end assembly the slide block slipped out of my hands and plunged straight into the toilet.

and here i was thinking i wouldn't have any potential rust issues in the desert...

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Damn....I thought you said "opos" potty problem...I'm old....never say potty problems to an old guy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That was a "crappy" thing to have happen to you. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

Kenny

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
The worst thing I've dropped in there was a set of keys..... :confused:

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Run that one by me again. Exactly why were you cleaning your shotgun is bathroom? :confused: :eek:

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Arrrgh! Next time close the lid before cleaning? I have to clean guns when the wife is not around as she claims the smell of Hoppe's #9 makes her "sick". But at least I don't have to do it in the bathroom! Lots of great places to clean guns - dining room table, kitchen counter, coffee table. Just not when you-know-who is in the house..... ("I'M THE MAN OF THIS HOUSE AND I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT...if that's OK with you, dear?")

Wave

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Arrrgh! Next time close the lid before cleaning? I have to clean guns when the wife is not around as she claims the smell of Hoppe's #9 makes her "sick". But at least I don't have to do it in the bathroom! Lots of great places to clean guns - dining room table, kitchen counter, coffee table. Just not when you-know-who is in the house..... ("I'M THE MAN OF THIS HOUSE AND I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT...if that's OK with you, dear?")

Wave
i hear 'dat. personally, i like the smell of hoppe's 9 up to a point. it can get pretty strong, but as long as you've got enough ventilation it's not an unpleasant smell. master bathroom is really mine anyway, as the guest bath is the one with the nice tub, so that's always been the one she preferred.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Come on now at least put the seat down so parts don't fall in! haha My GF of nearly 7 years has me well trained in putting the seat down anyways..... all in all... that's pretty shitty..... pun intended.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was kind of my thinking as well.

again, no garage/work bench. master bathroom counter is the best space i've got. i could go out on the balcony, but that's awkward, as i don't have a solid work space out there, and i don't really want my neighbors knowing what i'm doing. dining room table, no. again, no garage = punt. punt = my fairly long bathroom counter.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Ok..at least put saran wrap over the can so nothing drops in there again! Just don't forget to take it off when you get done or you'll have a waterfall! LOL Or leave it on to prank her. :cool:

·
Registered
840 Posts
wait how did and why did handcuff fall in :confused:
I was working plain clothes and had my cuffs looped over my belt in the small of my back. Nature called and after I finished the paper work I stood up and heard "Klunk...Splash."
I will answer no further questions about this incident.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was working plain clothes and had my cuffs looped over my belt in the small of my back. Nature called and after I finished the paper work I stood up and heard "Klunk...Splash."
I will answer no further questions about this incident.
see now i feel better about this....:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts