Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had 5 deer come out into a field I could watch from my ladder stand that sits back about 50 yards in some hardwoods. There were 2 adult does and 3 skippers and I watched the biggest one as they all worked their way over to me. When she got about 75 yard away I had a shooting lane and my muzzleloader is sighted 1 1/2" high at 100 and good to about 150 so I took the shot. She never left the field and I had 2 doe tags so used one. I've got her hanging and will take her to the butcher in the morning. Supposed to drop into the 30's tonight so that is perfect. I didn't weigh her but will guess she'll dress out about 100-110. The lead doe was an adult but looked smaller. The bigger one just hung back so I waited and it's great when a plan works out. I had seen them during bow season but they kept out of bow range.

·
Super Moderator
21,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Two years ago I lost everything in the freezer as power went out while we were in Texas for the winter. When it came back on it refroze the whole mess so I took it all to the dump when we got home in the spring. I got a 4 pointer last fall but that was running low so this helps but I'll keep hunting.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Saw 7 does this morning right about 7ish shot at the largest one at 125+ yards gun is dead on for 150 and I missed no blood no hair no deer. Checked the gun on Friday it was dead on shot it again this morning at the club and it was way high so the scope had to get bumped. Back to where it should be back at it next weekend as I have 3 tags to fill

·
Registered
508 Posts
Blew a round at a coyote Saturday late afternoon, thought he was just shaded by a little bit of cedar frond. He disappeared behind the cloud of smoke that 100 grain pyrodex makes. No body there, had to push through a lot of dead sticks to reach there, most likely bullet hit that stuff..

I figured the deer would not be out with a coyote running around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts