Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both and cant decide which one is best .

Attachments

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
For simplicity, reliability, and accuracy, my favorite pistol, over the past 10 years has been Glock...so the Glock it is! (My current EDC is a Glock 36 in .45 acp...I'm interested to be able to actually shoot the G-43 to see how it compares recoil-wise and size-wise to the G-36.)

However, that being said, there are still many good pistols out there...Glock only being one of them! My wife has a Sig Sauer P230 and a Springfield XDm 3.8 9mm...which is very accurate and nice to shoot! Ruger's SR Series has been a big hit among many gun owners so if it works for you...go for it! If I had the extra $$...I'd probably own an SR9c...they feel really nice in the hand.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For simplicity, reliability, and accuracy, my favorite pistol, over the past 10 years has been Glock...so the Glock it is! (My current EDC is a Glock 36 in .45 acp...I'm interested to be able to actually shoot the G-43 to see how it compares recoil-wise and size-wise to the G-36.)

However, that being said, there are still many good pistols out there...Glock only being one of them! My wife has a Sig Sauer P230 and a Springfield XDm 3.8 9mm...which is very accurate and nice to shoot! Ruger's SR Series has been a big hit among many gun owners so if it works for you...go for it! If I had the extra $$...I'd probably own an SR9c...they feel really nice in the hand.
The SR9c is a great shooter, fun at the range and hides well. Mine served my well for two years. Not one issue and ate everything that I yes it. If not for a S&W 457, my SR9c would still be a proud part of my inventory.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
which one is the most reliable and easiest to conceal for you? Glocks are about as comfortable as a concrete block, but they are terrific pistols. I have owned and carried Ruger for years, summer the 9c, winter the 40c. in the great scheme of things, what does it matter(like shrillary would say)? try one, then the other until the best choice for you emerges!

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you had the Pro, I would say Pro because I don't care for thumb safeties.

7+1 beats 6+1 any day of the week. So, LC9s in that aspect. Sure, you can add grip extensions to the Glock but at that point, you are comparing Apples and Oranges.

The LC9s has the better trigger, at least in my opinion and a few others on youtube and such. You ultimately decide this one though.

Last but not least, Price... I know for a fact the LC9s wins this one lol.

Either way, they'll both help save your life and your loved ones lives. Deciding between these two firearms is a good problem to have :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have both and cant decide which one is best .
I've shot both. I own the Glock 43. Why? For completely subjective reasons. It fit my hand better, and I shoot it better. I learned to shoot a center-fire handgun using a Glock 19. Good or bad, it's what I'm used to.

I face a similar conundrum. In addition to the Glock 43, I own a Sig P938 AG. A single stack 9mm pistol isn't my first choice to carry. IMO small single-stack pocket 9mm pistols are challenging to shoot well. The only reason I own a small single stack 9mm is for when my attire will not allow me to conceal my Glock 19. Over the next year, I'm evaluating the Glock 43 and Sig P939 AG. I'll determine which one works best, and sell the other. As it stands today, I shoot both with equal speed and accuracy at the range and at training classes. I'm now determining which pistol provides me the best recoil management and which carries better.

Which pistol fits your hand best? Which pistol provides better perceived recoil control? Which pistol works best for your preferred carry method and holster?

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I like 'em both. I am partial to the Glock though I think Glock was behind the ball on getting it out. The 43 does have a nice feel.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I do not own either gun but from just pure reliability and such a strong history behind the design. I would choose the Glock 43 over the Ruger LC9s any day of the week!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
got my lc9s for $299 at gunbuyer.com... great gun. doubt that the glock presents many advantages. but then I'm a fan of the safety.

·
Registered
331 Posts
>>I have both and cant decide which one is best<<

If you have both only you can decide which one is the better.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The Glock is better made and more accurate. Buy it first and then acquire an LC9S when they go on sale under $300.
99% of accuracy is dependent on the nut behind the trigger.

Buy whichever pistol you interface with the best, then go from there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts