Ruger Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have a P220 Elite, 45ACP. Does everything I want it to and it's one of my fav's to shoot. Zero problems, easy to clean, cheaper than an HK but worth it in my mind.

I think all Sig pistols are made here in NH with German parts. Also Ruger's and up until pretty soon now Thompson Center are here too....

·
The Greek
776 Posts
Either way keep us updated, I love logging on and learning new stuff and getting ideas for possible future purchases.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well, I got a chance to run a couple of magazines through my p229 tonight just before dark. I have to say that I am very impressed! It did exactly what most people have told me a sig would do. It banged every time I pulled the trigger and it was very accurate for me! I'm very happy and so far, would highly recommend the gun.

·
Registered
177 Posts
JD, you keep feeding it a steady diet, and one day it'll grow up to be a P226!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on your 229 ,I got my first sig a 226 in the late 80,s. I still have it , a 228,two 220's and a 229 in 9mm. Not one complaint about any of them,they function well with a wide variaty of ammo. You might look for a 226 in the future,you can use the 226 mags in the 229.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Update: I'm now over 200 rounds through my p229 as of this afternoon. It works great! I highly recommend the gun. I have figured out that I really like the grease. I'm going to buy a tube of it to keep around within the next few days. So far, I've ran 50 Federal champion 115gr, 150 Remington UMC 115gr., and 15 Remington Golden Saber 124gr. through it and it digested them all fine. I'm very pleased with my new gun.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I bought some Winchester PDX1 Supreme Elite 124gr. +p for it today. I really wanted a bonded bullet that would have better terminal performance than my golden sabers, so I figured I would give these a try. I haven't had a chance to shoot any of them yet. What do you guys think about these loads, am I on the right track to match a load to my gun or do I need to look in another direction?

61 - 69 of 69 Posts