Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCW,... Do you Gunner's have any Opinions on Belly Holsters for CCW...???...<:))

Seems like a Nice Fitting Holster... Don't It...<:))
<center>
</center>

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Like the belly. I mean the holster. I just bought one, got it today, so I really can't comment on it much. I tried it on and it seems like it will work just fine, but I will have to withhold judgement until I try it out some.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Calvin, getcha a Tshirt that says "No, honey, it's just that I'm carrying a gun " and you won't get pinched except by the ones who can't read.....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I found that any type of wrap around holster is just to hot here in Florida. They may be fine a little farther north. Good luck.

Best,Baldy.

·
Banned
298 Posts
It seems like sitting down, bending at the waist, driving, or anything else would be painful.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have used a http://www.smartcarry.com/ for several years now.

I am retired now, but I used to work for the largest pizza delivery company in he world, and my particular area of expertise was making store door deliveries with a 48’ refrigerated trailer pulled by a Freightliner FLD110.

Our runs were out of Ann Arbor Michigan and covered Michigan, Northern Ohio, Northern Indiana, and Western Pennsylvania. Our routes took us into most major cities including Detroit, and several smaller cities. We worked team runs most of the time, so we were in and out of most of these places at all hours of the day and night.

Out and about at all hours of the day and night in cities like Detroit, Cleveland, Akron, South bend, to name just a few, could be very dangerous, so even though it was against company policy I carried, and I carried in a Smart Carry.

I can not begin to describe how difficult the job was. We were in on our, up and down, squeezing through, pulling, tugging, lifting, carrying, grunting, groaning, straining, and most every physical exertion you can think of in between.

And I did it all the while carrying a Ruger P90 in a Smart Carry.

Things weren’t quite perfect; the work was extremely physical so it only follows that there would be a great deal of perspiration, which there was. My prized P90 got rust on it in only one 24 hour run, but it was only surface rust and was easily cleaned off, so it was not a major problem. If, however I had not got to it in a few hours, it would have been a problem.

One other problem I encountered was trying to take a whiz.

When the fly is unzipped, the Smart Cary is exposed and has to be moved to the side before the masculine appendage can be removed from the clothing to complete the operation, and if one finds oneself in a public restroom in close proximity of other persons of masculine persuasion attempting a similar chore, the struggle to free one’s appendage from the confines of clothing and Smart Cary plus the P90 becomes somewhat obvious.

On the other hand, if someone IS watching, unless they have a tendency toward being limp wrested, they will usually look away after the first casual glance.

So, overall, the Smart Carry served me well with only a few minor inconveniences. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

How was it about riding down on the hips-the belt, I mean???
It is designed to ride a little low anyway, plus it fastens together behind the back with velco, so you can make it pretty snug if you like. It has a tendency to ride high in back and low in front, and pretty much just stays that way.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks-even not putting my shirt-tail in, it would hide better a full-sized auto.......may even be more comfy than the IWB...I'm gonna try one.....

·
Registered
758 Posts
They DO take some getting used to and that would include some psychological adjustment.

They are not macho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.