Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scoping a takedown

Hey,

Been tearing up the Internet looking for an inexpensive scope for the new takedown.

First, what is the longest a scope can be and still fit in the takedown case when attached?

And what is an inexpensive (cheap), yet still usable compact scope that fits this rifle?

Thanks

· Registered
342 Posts
Just went through the same process. I finally settled with a Konuspro 7262 - 4x32 that I ordered from Amazon. Paid around $76 and even got overnight shipping for a little over $3. It fits in the case nicely. The scope is 9.4" long and I just can't see anything much longer fitting into the bag while mounted. The rings that came with it wouldn't work with the Weaver rail. I had a set of Weaver See-through rings that I used. Worked great.

The only thing that I could find in a variable scope in that length cost more than I paid my rifle. Good luck.

· Registered
36 Posts
This is what I'm using.

Nikon ProStaff Rimfire

Using it with some detachable rings, and I just take it off every time I'm done shooting. I know that's generally a big no-no, but I haven't had any problems with losing zero the next time I put it back on and shoot. Granted it's only been 3 or 4 times now, and I'm not exactly an expert, but it's working fine for my needs.

· Registered
350 Posts
I'd like to help w/ a positive recommendation, but you'll have to excuse me for only being able to provide a warning: steer clear of BSA. After much going back & forth & reading various reviews, I decided to ignore the naysayers & take a chance on one of their incredibly inexpensive rimfire scopes. Unfortunately, I got what I paid for. Within the first 5 shots fired from my 10/22 the reticle had rotated 45° counterclockwise. I honestly could not believe my eyes. I'll never buy any of their products again. My next scope will be another Nikon, which makes great optics, period, & has been rock solid on my .30-06 pump.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I decided to put my Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32 on it.

It's 11.5" long and mounted it fits the case but the flap won't go down over the stock, it still can be zippered however.

Good enough, I guess. I am a little worried about the objective end being at the bottom of the case but I think it will be ok. Those cases have great padding. We'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.