Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday with my SR1911 and P345 in tow. This stuff consistently would not load into my SR1911 but worked 99% of the time in my P345. I bought it at a gun shop liquidation auction at a decent price about $13 a box. The 1911 has never ever been finicky about what I fed her. I'll have to check OAL with calipers to see how it compares to other 45 ammo I have. Unfortunately I didn't have a different brand with me to see if it was the ammo. I've used this brand in 22LR with no issues.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have used (a full case of) Aguila super extra .22lr also with no problems at all, and the same for the Aguila .380acp rounds except for my Glock 42 which hated Aguila. It is generally considered to be good range ammo. I've never seen it called crap before.

We know that some guns will shoot about anything except "one brand" (whatever that might be). I know that my friend's Ruger SR22 will not load, shoot, extract, etc. the Aguila, whereas 2 of my 3 .22lr autos loved it.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If those are steel cased, that could be the issue. Steel cases and metal followers often do not play well together. My SR1911 has never had any issues loading, but I gave up on steel cased long ago (before I bought the 1911).

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,553 Posts
I have only used their various rimfire loads and they worked well. I think that i have shot some 9mm and .223 Rem brass cased FMJ that works also, but I didn't buy it. I always try a box first before buying any quantity of any ammo since guns can be finicky. At least your P345 shoots it.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If those are steel cased, that could be the issue. Steel cases and metal followers often do not play well together. My SR1911 has never had any issues loading, but I gave up on steel cased long ago (before I bought the 1911).
Not steel, brass casings ...

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have only used their various rimfire loads and they worked well. I think that i have shot some 9mm and .223 Rem brass cased FMJ that works also, but I didn't buy it. I always try a box first before buying any quantity of any ammo since guns can be finicky. At least your P345 shoots it.
I was thankful for that, I have 150 rounds left that is dedicated to the P345 ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've used the 9mm, .22 LR, and 5.56mm with no issues.
I've always considered it to be pretty decent ammo.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I've shot thousands of rounds of their .22LR, and several boxes each of .380, 9x19, .45, .223 and .308 and it has always behaved fine.

·
Registered
248 Posts
When i bought my Mark 4. My LGS threw in a brick of the Agiulia 22 super extra. I had at least 5 out of each small box of 50. Not fire. Thought maybe it's the gun not liking it. Had the same issue in my 10/22 and Marlin 60. Guess i had a bad batch?

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've shot 2 boxes of these thru my P90, not a single issue. Didnt have my 1911 with me,
I think the company makes decent ammo.

Dave
Dave ... it worked flawlessly in the P345, I had my P97 with me but due to circumstances I didn't have the time to pull her out. But in the past my 1911 has never acted like it did with this stuff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a bad experience with Aguila 22 lr ammunition. Several failures to fire and a squib that scared me. I was plinking with a 10/22 when I had the squib. I was thankful I was shooting slow when it happened.

Maybe I had a bad batch. The squib scared me enough that it will take some convincing before I buy Aguila anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts