Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shooting with my neighbor and after I shot his MKIII with a red dot sight on it he told me that he had more optics than he did guns and decided to just give me one of his extras for my MKIII. As you can imagine I'm pretty excited to get a free red dot sight. I will be sighting it in the next time I go to the range and I also plan to use it in the bullseye shoots the club I'm joining holds.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, sure does.
You may be in a position to reciprocate one day.
I sure hope so. In the mean time I do plan to at least take him out for a beer and some food. I at least know one place we both like. Right after he stopped by and gave me the sight my girlfriend and another friend of mine went to a local bbq place and as we were finishing up my neighbor and his cousin happened to walk in. Totally unplanned its funny how those things work out sometimes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have you seen it operate before? The reason I ask is because it looks exactly like the rig I just bought for my Browning Buck Mark.

Mine's not a red dot, it's a hologram with 4 different sight settings & 7 retical settings. It's a lot of fun because once it's sighted in you literally can't miss & it allows you to shoot with both eyes open.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Optics

I just installed my optics on a new MKIII,22/45 Hunter Target Model.Had it zeroed with 3 rds.Dime size groups @15 yrds+.Hope yours do as well

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you seen it operate before? The reason I ask is because it looks exactly like the rig I just bought for my Browning Buck Mark.

Mine's not a red dot, it's a hologram with 4 different sight settings & 7 retical settings. It's a lot of fun because once it's sighted in you literally can't miss & it allows you to shoot with both eyes open.

It does look strikingly similar and I have not tried it yet. It will be a few weeks but I'll either reply here or send you a pm with some results unless of course you beat me to the range then you have to le me know how it went.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I got the same sight at Cabela's. I think the brand name was Sightmark. (On the road, can't go look.) Works great on my S&W 22A. It even works in the midday sunlight on the highest settings. Nailed a feral cat with it DRT at about 15 yards.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It does look strikingly similar and I have not tried it yet. It will be a few weeks but I'll either reply here or send you a pm with some results unless of course you beat me to the range then you have to le me know how it went.
Too bad you have to wait so long to get to the range, I've had mine out 2 times already & I love it.
BTW, I was told, by the owner of my LGS, to sight in the gun with it's original sights first & then with the scope (?) on it. I have no idea if he's correct or not , but I did it.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Too bad you have to wait so long to get to the range, I've had mine out 2 times already & I love it.
BTW, I was told, by the owner of my LGS, to sight in the gun with it's original sights first & then with the scope (?) on it. I have no idea if he's correct or not , but I did it.
I've had my MKIII for almost a year now so I've had it sighted in with my iron sights for some time now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts