Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, be careful who you do business with. This company has some very bad BBB reviews and quite a few people on other forums have said that they have had bad dealings with the company. Do research before you order from an unknown entity.

·
Super Moderator
4,240 Posts
Never heard of them. Have you done business with them and how did it work out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not dealt with them and I will not. There is enough credible info out there, that I felt it was worth the warning to my forum friends. Here's some more info. I assume this is just the tip of the iceberg.
Pattern of Complaint
In January 2019, the BBB began receiving complaints and customer reviews that alleged orders are placed, an email confirmation is received, however, the products are never actually delivered. They also allege, the company is purposely taking customer’s orders and money with no intention of delivering product. When consumers have been able to contact the company to inquire about order status, they are told the items are on back order. Consumers have requested a refund but some were offered store credit. When consumers requested to receive their refund instead, the owner was very rude and provided ‘horrible customer service’. Customer Reviews allege, when disputing the charges, the company sent a nasty email threatening to sue the consumer. Complaints also allege when trying to contact the company, calls are going unanswered.
Recent customer reviews claimed when the consumer reversed the charges for items not received, the owner threatened them with fines and a law suit.
The BBB also received multiple positive customer reviews which originated from the same URL address but used different names and email addresses. Some of the email addresses were the owners information. At this time, all customer reviews and complaints are going unanswered

·
Registered
602 Posts
A company threatening to sue a potential customer for having his credit card company reverse the charges on an order that was never shipped? They wouldn't get very far. At least they shouldn't! Not that I'm going to place an order with this company to test my theory!

In the past, once or perhaps twice, I have had a problem with other companies not shipping an order I placed. However, when I wrote to them to inform them that I was going to report them to my credit card company and have the charge reversed, miraculously my order WAS JUST SHIPPED that afternoon. Evidently this company doesn't even respond to that kind of threat. Me thinks they need to be reported to the attorney general of the state where they are located, at minimum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Indeed - this appears to be a fraudulent, perhaps criminal enterprise. They don’t take credit cards, but have ways to transfer money to them. Received an email from someone who indentified himself as Chris Eustace, Director of Operations indicating they ship to California FFL’s - yet no mechanism for providing that kind of information.

Have a wide range of cheap ammo in stock, no limit indicated. Nor shipping cost charged, sales tax TX only. The billing/shipping mechanisms make no sense.

BBB has numerous complaints as late as now - Sept 2020.

I’d spread the word on these clowns. This is a fraud.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This was one of the companies I found that miraculously had FMJ and/or JHP bullets listed on their website in stock, and then when I attempted to place an order, the website would not process the credit card:

The other two were Mayhoods and Dowdles Sports.

All three have websites showing stock of reloading components that are sold out everywhere. All three have a ton of bad ratings everywhere for not filling orders.

I am guessing the credit card transactions did not go through because they are already blacklisted by Citibank and others.

Another questionable one is Extreme Reloader. No ratings, but they show stock of reloading components on their website that are sold out everywhere else, are not able to process credit cards, and their physical location is a former fast food restaurant with a sign on the front that says "internet marketing call center". Just all kinds of bad feelings about that one.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,255 Posts
I have thought that now, during the gun and ammo panic, would be an opportune time for a crook to set up a false online store with lots of Glock 17 magazines and AR lowers “in stock” and cheap, then take the money and run.

I’m only doing business with companies I recognize from past transactions. And even some of them are letting me down. Optics Planet has always been good in the past but now their inventory system sucks. Stuff that’s “available” becomes back ordered as soon as you place the order. Then it never arrives. I waited in back order status for over two months for some Magpul stocks and forearms for Remington 870s. Finally cancelled it and placed an order in-person at my local Scheels. They were able to get it all for me in under a week.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Some of these scams are a little more sophisticated than just "take the money and run".
A couple places have A+ BBB ratings, but all kinds of complaints for never filling orders. Like they are accepting orders and then using the money as a slush fund until they are forced to make refunds to customers after months.

And with the panic and back order of everything, the situation makes it very important to only deal with companies that can be trusted. If you catch a problem in time, you can contest charges with your credit card company and get the money back. But there are deadlines for contesting charges. Usually within 30, 45, or 60 days. Place a 12 week back order with a scammer, and then try to contest the charge 15 weeks later, after it never showed up, and the credit card company will probably refuse to even try to help, saying that you waited too long.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks, be careful who you do business with. This company has some very bad BBB reviews and quite a few people on other forums have said that they have had bad dealings with the company. Do research before you order from an unknown entity.

It gets worse. There was a law suit filed on 12/20 alleging Theft aggregate 2500 to 30K

·
Administrator
22,174 Posts
Threaten to sue you for a product you haven't received it like the phone call from the guy with the bad accent that says he's with the IRS and going to have you arrested. My answer bring it on.

Good to see Texas shutting the crook down.

Reactions: Phish

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Always do business with a high volume reputable company even though it may be a little more costly. After all you know they do you right. I like shopping locally if possuble.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts