Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if any more-experienced Ruger 10/22 owners could recommend some optics or maybe laser/dots for my new purchase. I want to use it as an all-around rifle. Plinking, possible small-game hunting, etc. I want to make the most of this great all-around rifle. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Take a serious look at the Burris Fastfire III. I am assuming here you mean the slender barreled optics only 10/22 Tactical with the threaded barrel and flash hider.

If you meant the heavy barrel tactical, then a 3-12x40, 2.5-10x40 or 3-9x40 by Nikon, Vortex or Leupold would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have this .22LR Volquartsen SS custom (blackened stainless) with thumbhole McMillan stock… a virtual 10/22 replica…

And I put the Aimpoint T-1 with 2MOA dot (on the right) on it…

It’s a solid set-up… no complaints.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow! Nice set up! Beautiful combination.
Thanks, BCS... but it's practical, as well. Target acquisition is quick... and that is what I was lookin' for. I got it. It's my back-up to my LWRC M6A2... and it is flawless.

I have found that when you have in-comin' lead... 99% of the time you will duck outta the way....

or scamper away.

Also have several cases of CCI Mini-mags's for it... and I can carry a thousand rounds as easy as 100 rounds of 5.56mm... a sample...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks, BCS... but it's practical, as well. Target acquisition is quick... and that is what I was lookin' for. I got it. It's my back-up to my LWRC M6A2... and it is flawless.

I have found that when you have in-comin' lead... 99% of the time you will duck outta the way....

or scamper away.

Also have several cases of CCI Mini-mags's for it... and I can carry a thousand rounds as easy as 100 rounds of 5.56mm... a sample...

Again, a very nice photo. I'm, jealous. You obviously shoot a hell of a lot more than I do. My 1022 build is for targets, and as a protein getter when the fat little weird guy in North Korea uses one of his "satellite" rockets to set off an EMP that takes out the US power grid. If that event comes to pass, I will use my 12 gauge or Redhawk if people start home invasions to get food. I'm kidding of course.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts