Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
You will like it a lot better than stock. I ordered just the hammer and polished some of the trigger group parts. However I had no noticeable creep or gritty feel in my trigger when I started. The trigger was just way too hard to pull.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just put a VQ hammer kit in a metal trigger yesterday. I strip them down to just the safety and spend a lot of time going back together. Totally installed with the stock on its 28 oz. on my RCBS scale with just a hint of creep on a very sloooow pull. I really needed some sear shims in this one but did not have them for the job. The hammer kit is the only parts I used on this trigger group. Never tried a VQ hammer kit in a poly trigger housing but it should turn out nice if you take your time.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You can drill/tap your factory trigger for a post travel stop very cheap/easy and very effective imo...it is much easier to avoid pulling the shot off when squeezing the trigger if the trigger stops moving the instant the hammer releases...

I used a 4mm x 8mm set set screw and it is perfect imo...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.