Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a SS Ruger black hawk in .44 mag with a 5.50 barrel . my son is getting one with a 7.5 in barrel tomorrow , ordered mine from GunsAmerica . he found his locally . also getting the dies to reload our own .mine will be her on the 30th . i will be getting a epidural steroid injection in my neck that day . Bummer

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Looks like a keeper to me! You'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my son picked his up today . 618.00 out the door . clouding BGC .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nov 1st i will get the brass , bullets , and dies , any all around loads , for deer , coyotes ??

we may hunt elk next year also , just spikes and cows though .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a keeper to me! You'll enjoy it.
I really liked the looks of the 5.50 barrel over the longer ones . don't expect it to be a long range hunter ,

·
Registered
4 Posts
We must have the same taste, I ordered the same thing Wednesday. Mine will be in on Monday from a local dealer. $528 out the door. I can't wait

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We must have the same taste, I ordered the same thing Wednesday. Mine will be in on Monday from a local dealer. $528 out the door. I can't wait
good price . would love to hear what loads you like .

do you reload ? A Loaded question . no pun intended !!! :)

Dies , brass and primer is cheaper than two boxes of factory , i already have the press m scale , primer tool and calliper .

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd like one of these, and a Marlin 1894 to go with it. Bought my first (and only) SBH in 1981. I sat on a hill in California with my older cousin, and a bobcat walked out of the oak trees below us on the hill. Before I could say anything, Terry took a shot, and dirt flew up under the cat, which took off. Way illegal, every way that moment was sliced! I remember being impressed with the smooth cylinder and squared trigger guard. Nevertheless, I sold it and bought a new 6" Model 29. Wish I had 'em both now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a Winchester 94 saddle gun in .44 mag 6 years ago i gave it to my son thinking he would keep it ( It was my dads ) . as soon as i found out he had it on consignment at a local gun shop , i rushed to get it back , they has sold it hours before . i wasn't mad , just hurt . that was the only gun my dad had when he died . I keep looking for it for sale again , don't think it will be . :confused:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have sold all my rilfe and will have just three pistols .

1 . A Encore 12' 1/12 .223 a real tack driver out past 300 yards ,

2. a smith . 617 10 shot .22 . will be selling it as soon as its back from a gun smith , forcing cone was messed up , timing was off and barrel on crooked all, this right out of the factory and i paid 800 for it at Cabela's less than a year ago . shot like crap . No a smith fan any more !! . Ruger all the way . The gun smith is charging me for a trigger job , but everything else will be f free . Its the worst gun he's seen in 45 years of being a gun smith and gun shop owner .He even going to right a peace about this gun . I am looking for a another Winchester in .44 mag .

3 . the Ruger .44 mag coming on Tuesday .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
1 - 14 of 14 Posts