Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there use the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster for their Redhawk. My Redhawk is 4" with a taller front sight and Simply Rugged's holster comes in at 4.2", think that will make any difference? Just hate to shell out $70 and not work right.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think you can request the holster be cut for a 4" barrel if you prefer. Add that special info to the comments section under the "gun type" box.

I ordered my Pancake from them stock, but heard someone else say they requested that the bottom be sewn together and it worked out well. (To do sewn-shut bottom, a half inch was added to length to ensure function.)

·
Banned
365 Posts
I have one for my GP100 4". The best holster I have ever owned.

Like someone else said, add a comment when you order about barrel length. They will get it done right the first time.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sounds like everyone likes theirs.
I have 2 from shopruger.com also great holsters ��

·
Registered
950 Posts
Not an answer to your exact question but I just received a cattleman for my SBH .480 and it fits perfectly, the sourdough pancake is to be my next purchase for a 4" gp100

·
Registered
122 Posts
Talk with Rob at Simply Rugged and he can address your concerns, particularly if you have an after market or taller than standard sight. he has adjusted some of his designs to accommodate a few of my one off configurations.

Dad45: Thinking of purchasing the Cattleman for my SBH as well. How is the function? It is more of a field carry rig?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have one for my colt and am not to happy with it. It's not boned to fit the colt. and it's not very tight. I now buy from wright leathers.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Isn't the barrel length of a 4" Redhawk actually 4.2"?

Redhawks are listed as having a 4.2" barrel length on the Ruger website.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Dad45: Thinking of purchasing the Cattleman for my SBH as well. How is the function? It is more of a field carry rig?[/QUOTE]

Yes to field carry in fact I used it for hunting carry, function and fit superb and it has a slot or Chanel if you will so the sight doesn't catch which with other holsters causes rear sight blades to break

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes to field carry in fact I used it for hunting carry, function and fit superb and it has a slot or Chanel if you will so the sight doesn't catch which with other holsters causes rear sight blades to break
Thanks. Saw your previous post with the two pictures. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Did you get the 4.2" holster, or is that customized for your 4"?
It looks like a perfect fit.

I'm saving up some $$ for a sourdough for my GP100 5".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you get the 4.2" holster, or is that customized for your 4"?
It looks like a perfect fit.

I'm saving up some $$ for a sourdough for my GP100 5".
I really don't know but the fit is spot on. As Straightwall advised I simply put my specs in the comment section under gun type.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts