Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I need this part:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=407590B

just a couple bucks, but of course it's like $6 to ship it. Why can't they just put it in an envelope and mail it to me??? Drives me nuts.

Do you guys encounter the same thing? Or do you know of a place that would 'mail' you a screw, rather than 'ship' you a screw?

Also, are you supposed to use a special screwdriver for blued parts? Will a regular screwdriver scratch that finish off??

Thanks. So far this forum has never made me feel stupid for asking stupid questions. I hope I can get away with at least a couple more! [:I]

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
might want to check with marlin and see if they can do better. Problem is the way they handle mail at USPO with their machines. Drop in a regular envelope and it will probably wind up getting torn and loosing the part. Probably requires a special padded envelope.

Gunsmith screwdriver kit is a good idea to keep from marring the finish/heads. I think B-Square still makes an inexpensive set as well as Lyman. Brownell's should also have the part you need as well as several driver kits to choose from. Kill two birds with one rock as they say and order the marlin part and a screwdriver set from Brownell's and have it shipped together. If you are going to have to pay shipping, might as well get some goodies with it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have invested in a Wheeler, pricie but I love them from mid way. also at gun parts call in the order around noon they are supper busy then and will give you a code for free shipping. I got the first couple of oders free shipping the last one they charge me a buck. ok I can live with a buck.
That is what I do I make a list and as long as I can pay for parts and not have a increase on shipping I am good.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called Marlin and they are sending me that part free of charge. So far I have been extremely pleased with their customer service!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Always heard they had a good rep.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

Thanks. So far this forum has never made me feel stupid for asking stupid questions. I hope I can get away with at least a couple more! [:I]
Eddie, this forum is not here to make people look or feel dumb. I hope anyone don't think anything is to stupid to ask. That is the only way we have to learn, and that is one of the purposes of this board. I haven't seen anyone ridicule another person on this board for asking something and all is eager to help, which is one of the things that makes this Board unique. We are all here to help do what we can.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I agree, I think I can speak for us all here. Its far better to ask your question here than to try and find out on your own and either waste money and time or worse end up hurting yourself or someone else.
The only stupid question is the one that is never asked. Who knows there could be someone else that wants to know the same thing but won't ask, so ask away its what we are all here for.
I have learned a whole bunch just since I have been here, we are never so young that we know it all and we are never so old that we can't learn.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I've learned more about more here when I'd read the answer to questions I'd never thought to ask...the Forum is an education and all you guys the professors, each in your field of experience...keep on asking...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts