Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've heard some say the other forum is doing a slow death. It's sad that it is. Just not sure what's going on over there.

·
Administrator
22,163 Posts
I did hear it was for sale so hopefully they will be ok. I have been a member over there since 2008 but don't have a lot of posts as I jabber too much here. ;)

·
Registered
678 Posts
I checked the other one out before, never joined. I just felt this one was easier to use. I was part of a switch over from a couple other forums when they got bought out, and unfortunately, sometimes the switch isn't easy, passwords were lost, logins were messed up, and a lot of people just left.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
And whaat forum is that? I tried doing a bunch of forums but I just dont have the time of day to do all that so I actually dropped a bunch mainly because the mentally disturbed liberalism was just too strong to listen to their blabbers and the butt kissing hyprocrite moderators that agree with them. hahaha so let the doors slam shut hard!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
The Other forum is the reason I even bought my first computer. I have been a member there since I don't know when, sometime in the 90s. I go there everyday, and I have no hint that it's dieing a slow death. I have heard some say that they can't get registered there though.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
And whaat forum is that?
instead of .net, use .com in your url. I joined it in 2009. I like both and the people in both. Only one thing I dislike about the forum software is no preview of any thread, so you have to go into the thread to see what it is about.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The Other forum is the reason I even bought my first computer. I have been a member there since I don't know when, sometime in the 90s. I go there everyday, and I have no hint that it's dieing a slow death. I have heard some say that they can't get registered there though.
True. There is no way to register a new account.

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK just to clarify, the other forum i was referencing is rugerpistolforum.com

I've reached out to the one lone moderator about an inappropriate posting and it still remains and not one peep from the mod or admin

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
OK just to clarify, the other forum i was referencing is rugerpistolforum.com

I've reached out to the one lone moderator about an inappropriate posting and it still remains and not one peep from the mod or admin
I've reported that post too and 10-days later it's still there.
Reported a couple of other phishing messages....nothing.
I hope the mod over there is OK. Maybe just not keeping up since it's not very active these days.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I'm only in two gun forums now. Been in several others but came to the conclusion they aren't worth my time.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,255 Posts
I went to this site originally because I disliked the all-white-page, layout and functionality of the other site.

I'm still missing my gun-related "UseNet news group" that I frequented back in graduate school. Now that was the golden era of the internet! It's how I discovered the writings of big "gun writer" names like Jeff Cooper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts