Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouchie!

The pastor asked if anyone in the congregation would like to express Praise for answered prayers.

A lady stood and walked to the podium. She said, 'I have a Praise.' Two months ago, my husband, Jim, had a terrible bicycle wreck and his scrotum was completely crushed. The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn't know if they could help him.'

You could hear an audible gasp from the men in the congregation as they imagined the pain that poor Jim experienced.

She continued, 'Jim was unable to hold me or the children and every move caused him terrible pain. We prayed as the doctors performed a delicate operation. They were able to piece together the crushed remnants of Jim's scrotum and wrap wire around it to hold it in place.'

Again, the men in the Congregation squirrmed uncomfortably as they imagined the horrible surgery performed on Jim.

She continued, 'Now, Jim is out of the hospital and the doctor's say, with time, his scrotum should recover completely.'

All the men sighed with relief.

The pastor rose and tentatively asked if any one else had anything to say.

A man rose and walked slowly to the podium.

He said, 'I'm Jim and I want to tell my wife, the word is sternum.'

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Good one Taurus. I had a doctor report one time about a lump that was a lipoma (sp?) which is a harmless clump of fat cells which was cut out of my throat below my chin. Told my Dad and he told other family I had lymphphoma (sp?) which is cancer basically. These little misunderstandings are a pain.

I love the picture of "INCOMING"! Makes me laugh and stays funny. Is this your son? Tell me the story about the picture. I have joked I would enjoy a t-shirt of this. I can say "INCOMING", out of the blue and laugh, which is then understood around here in this house due to my sharing about your pix.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I hope you two have an idea of how much we need your humor...life sucks a lot of days, and that's a mild comment...your jokes give us a deep breath to go on...keep up the good work...noone ever had a heart attack or nerveless breakdown laughing!!! Appreciate you both.....

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good one Taurus. I had a doctor report one time about a lump that was a lipoma (sp?) which is a harmless clump of fat cells which was cut out of my throat below my chin. Told my Dad and he told other family I had lymphphoma (sp?) which is cancer basically. These little misunderstandings are a pain.

I love the picture of "INCOMING"! Makes me laugh and stays funny. Is this your son? Tell me the story about the picture. I have joked I would enjoy a t-shirt of this. I can say "INCOMING", out of the blue and laugh, which is then understood around here in this house due to my sharing about your pix.
Thanks Stoble, :D

I do have a son but he's furry, has four legs and a tail. Did I mention he's adopted too? :) LOL Actually the first time I saw that INCOMING pic was when a female friend of mine showed it to me. I forgot about it until just recently when I wanted to put a new pic up here. I googled it and found it right away. Here is a big version of it:

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~bites/incoming.bmp

I'm glad to hear you're safe and well too. The worst I've suffered was pneumonia twice, the second time with dehydration. Hope to never go through that again.

Best Wishes :)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you two have an idea of how much we need your humor...life sucks a lot of days, and that's a mild comment...your jokes give us a deep breath to go on...keep up the good work...noone ever had a heart attack or nerveless breakdown laughing!!! Appreciate you both.....
Thank you Sheepdog and we appreciate you a lot too. :D My hairy son (the one with a tail) said he wants to be a sheep dog when he grows up too. When you're a spaniel that's a big dream to have, but he's tryin'. :D

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
"INCOMING",
that tares me up and I don't even have a kid. As far as I know.
Thanks Taurus for the site and story. "INCOMING" he says.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Sheepdog,
If people don't really know you they may not understand or appreciate this type of humor. Went to a wedding this Sat. and I only went because they were know to my girlfriend. The guy was early 50's and she was close. i wanted to congratulate them and say it was a shame they had to get married under the circumstances but young kids have it happen all the time and I am sure they would love it and find a way to afford the new child some how. Checked to see if this guy had a sense of humor and she said it would be great for him. But for some people...! I don't think so. Anyway, thanks so much for the comments. Laughter is good medicine. Just hope some others don't get aggrivated or put off over some stuff since they don't really know me. Nice to know others are big kids like me also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts