Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this on another forum, and thought it deserved a look here. These Marines are simply amazing to watch, and I promise you, this video is more than worth 6 minutes of your time! USMC Silent Drill Platoon - YouTube

Reactions: TMB

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I got goose bumps watching that. Man, those guys are really, really good! I can somewhat appreciate the amount of practice it takes to get to that level. I was Drill Team Captain for my high school AFJROTC way back in '75. That brought back some good memories.
Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Awesome video. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got goose bumps watching that. Man, those guys are really, really good! I can somewhat appreciate the amount of practice it takes to get to that level. I was Drill Team Captain for my high school AFJROTC way back in '75. That brought back some good memories.
Thanks for posting that.
Happy to do it, friend. They really are incredible, aren't they?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks for sharing....gonna pass this on!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I don't know what to say....I'm choked up. Our Marine is at the airport, he's on his way back to NC. (I was waiting for the little blimp to drop down & get popped by the bayonets) :)

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Awesome!
The second most impressive use of the M1 Garand.

Just wondering if they allow functioning rifles, if so how long that lasts?

They were back in '68 when we used them like that.
I have to admit though that us Navy boot campers were not quite that good. ;)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Happy to do it, friend. They really are incredible, aren't they?
Hours and hours and hours of practice. This is my drill team, I'm front and center. Lord have mercy, that was a looooong time ago.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hours and hours and hours of practice. This is my drill team, I'm front and center. Lord have mercy, that was a looooong time ago.
I knew there had to be endless months of practice behind such a performance. They sure make it look easy [but we all know it ain't].

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
:eek: Awesome is the only word I can think of! Watching this made me well in with pride for being an American..outstanding display!

Thanks for sharing NCLEO89 ;)

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:eek: Awesome is the only word I can think of! Watching this made me well in with pride for being an American..outstanding display!

Thanks for sharing NCLEO89 ;)
Only too happy to do so, friend....glad you liked it.

·
Registered
6,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quiet 1's Marine thread reminded me of this older thread...happy birthday to our Marine Corps, and to Quiet 1 as well. :D

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Wow! Somehow I missed that the first time around. Thanks for re-posting it NCLEO. Perfect tribute to celebrate the Corps 238th birthday.

Those were some really squared away Marines. I've seen many drill teams perform over the years, but those guys took it to a whole new level.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts