Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older red dot (Laseraim Illusion) that was originally mounted on my Ruger MKII pistol and I never had a problem with it... really nice red dot with 3moa dot...
I wanted to put it on my daughter's new 10/22. It was no problem getting on target at 25 yds.... but when I went to 50 yds I ran out of height adjustment..
Best I could get was shooting 3/4" low... groups were fantastic but low....
My daughter loves the red dot.. in fact she likes it better than the scope on my gun...
I know you can shim the rings to get the adjustment, but I am not sure if you shim the back or front ring and how much... I have some .004"brass shim stock...
Any advise from the experts here..

·
Banned
181 Posts
I'm FAR from an expert, but to me, shimming the rear ring to be higher seems to make the most sense. Assuming I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm FAR from an expert, but to me, shimming the rear ring to be higher seems to make the most sense. Assuming I'm understanding what you're saying correctly.
Just to make things clear in case I was confusing.... it has been known to happen.. :(..
I put the sight on the gun...
Windage adjustment was no problem.
Gun was shooting about 3 inches low at 50 yds..
Turned the adjustment in the Up direction and was able to get to just over 3/4" low point of impact.... but it would not go any further Up to raise the point of impact....
The groups were fantastic... 5 shot and 10 shot one hole at 50 yd. just low...

·
Banned
181 Posts
Actually, I believe the fault is mine, what I should have said is that assuming you mean using shims to make either the front scope ring higher or the rear scope ring higher in order to raise your shot groups 3/4 of an inch, using shims to raise just the rear scope ring is what will raise your shot groups.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No big deal... my daughter is always telling me to less verbose and more accurate in my descriptions.... LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts